NFL: 2018 Season

Wildest Monday night football game I can remember, Chiefs 51 v Rams 54. Highest scoring MNF game in history. It was like kinda like watching college football, with (a little) better defense. Mahomes had 6 TD passes. 892 total passing yards. Lots of penalties. 7 turnovers. Crazy game.

Shades of the old AFL!

Wildest Monday night football game I can remember, Chiefs 51 v Rams 54. Highest scoring MNF game in history. It was like kinda like watching college football, with (a little) better defense. Mahomes had 6 TD passes, Goff had 4. 892 total passing yards. Samson Ebukam (Rams LB) had two defensive TDs. Lots of penalties. 7 turnovers. Crazy game.

+1 Very entertaining.... it would't surprise me if we saw these two teams again in the Super Bowl.... definitely the cream of the league at this juncture.

With the exception of the Saints, does anyone have much of a chance to beat either one of these teams?

Dunno... on any given Sunday as they say... but there were more big plays in last night's game than I can ever recall seeing in an NFL game.

So sorry to see Alex Smith’s injury. I think he’s a class act. But let’s see, guaranteed $70m at age 35, he’s still ‘mostly healthy’, I know what my decision would be.

With the exception of the Saints, does anyone have much of a chance to beat either one of these teams?
That's what their records suggest.

Though it was a very high scoring game, there were many errors, turnovers, penalties, etc. - and I was trying to put my finger on why? Obviously they both have explosive offenses, great QBs with lots of (personnel) weapons, but a high score suggests poor defense. But that's not entirely true. I haven't followed either team closely this year, but I guess I'd conclude their defensive lines (esp LAR) and linebackers were good/great, but neither team had a great secondary? Both secondaries got picked apart mercilessly last night.

Sound right to those who follow one or both teams, or was last night not representative?

<cough> Patriots already beat the Chiefs <cough>

As a Patriots fan, I thought of them.... actually I thought that they had lost that game to the Chiefs but you are right... they won.

But which Patriots team will show up? the one that beat the Chiefs and Chicago and Green Bay? or the team that lost ugly to Detroit and Tennessee?

But which Patriots team will show up? the one that beat the Chiefs and Chicago and Green Bay? or the team that lost ugly to Detroit and Tennessee?

That's always the million dollar question. I'll be at this weekend's game and hopefully they took full advantage of their bye week.

As a Patriots fan, I thought of them.... actually I thought that they had lost that game to the Chiefs but you are right... they won.

:eek:

You are a Patriots fan and just found out that they didn't lose to the Chiefs this season?

Denver held the Chiefs to 27 pts. and 30 pts. in their divisional games this season. Denver held the Rams to 23 pts. Denver is one of the worst-coached teams in the NFL. So I think it follows that the Rams and the Chiefs are not at all unstoppable if they meet up with a well run defense.

Denver held the Chiefs to 27 pts. and 30 pts. in their divisional games this season. Denver held the Rams to 23 pts. Denver is one of the worst-coached teams in the NFL. So I think it follows that the Rams and the Chiefs are not at all unstoppable if they meet up with a well run defense.

Did Denver win those games?

As much as I hate to say it, the Saints look darn near unstoppable. They appear to be the most complete team at this point.

As much as I hate to say it, the Saints look darn near unstoppable. They appear to be the most complete team at this point.

They certainly have the best overall QB.

Just opinion , Steelers look like they want to get Big Ben another ring then he can retire . So watch how this evolves . But seriously the Rams will go to the SB and I think win it all .
Rams are in Cap hell so they must win now , but so are the Saints .

Does this season seem to be more interesting than most--or not?

Back
Top Bottom