NFL: 2018 Season

Birdie Num Nums

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
With tonight's Hall of Fame Game, the 2018 NFL Season (pre-season, regular season, and post-season) has begun. Let's have fun!

The most recent NFL Pre-season Power Rankings I saw:

1. PHI
  2. CAR
  3. NE
  4. JAX
  5. MIN
  6. NO
  7. ATL
  8. PIT
  9. GB
  10. CAR
  11. SD
  12. HOU
  13. TEN
  14. BAL
  15. SF
  16. DET
  17. KC
  18. SEA
  19. OAK
  20. BUF
  21. TB
  22. DAL
  23. WAS
  24. CHI
  25. NYG
  26. DEN
  27. ARI
  28. CIN
  29. NYJ
  30. MIA
  31. CLE
  32. IND

At this point, I "may" only be watching the Dallas Cowboys games.

Last edited:
I watch only the Texans. If everyone can stay healthy (big if) I think they will surprise.

Here’s to hope in the future. The Chiefs will either be a Cinderella team or have a ‘rebuilding year’. Anything better than 8-8 and I’ll be happy.

With tonight's Hall of Fame Game, the 2018 NFL Season (pre-season, regular season, and post-season) has begun. Let's have fun!

The most recent NFL Pre-season Power Rankings I saw:

1. PHI
  2. CAR
  3. NE
  4. JAX
  5. MIN
  6. NO
  7. ATL
  8. PIT
  9. GB
  10. CAR
  11. SD
  12. HOU
  13. TEN
  14. BAL
  15. SF
  16. DET
  17. KC
  18. SEA
  19. OAK
  20. BUF
  21. TB
  22. DAL
  23. WAS
  24. CHI
  25. NYG
  26. DEN
  27. ARI
  28. CIN
  29. NYJ
  30. MIA
  31. CLE
  32. IND

It's going to be an interesting season with two Carolinas, the San Diego Chargers and no LA Rams.

The Texans

I'm predicting J.J.Watt (Texans) will get hurt very early and continue on his TV commercial making and move along on his path to Hollywood. If we have a hurricane during the season, he will step up and start another fund raiser for the communities.

Our "new" last year quarterback will also promptly get injured and go on the hurt list again. Once again, the coach can make excuses for another losing season due to injuries.

We will get a new coach mid season. How many is that now? :D

It's going to be an interesting season with two Carolinas, the San Diego Chargers and no LA Rams.
Oops, Thanks! #2 is LARams (I read my sloppy notes as CAR instead of LAR); and I forgot the Chargers have moved to LA. :facepalm:

I'm looking forward to a whole season of Jimmy Garoppolo under center for the Niners.

As a MN Vikings season ticket holder I'm looking forward to a good season. Biggest question mark is OL but we are pretty stacked at offensive skill positions and on defense. Injuries could also derail us as we are thin for depth at most places.

Don't expect 13-3 again as the schedule seems harder. Hopefully 11-12 wins and another NFC North title.

As an Eagles fan, I have to be prepared for a letdown this season.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 1

NFL Power Rankings, Week 1:

1. PHI
  2. LAR
  3. NO
  4. MIN
  5. NE
  6. JAX
  7. PIT
  8. ATL
  9. GB
  10. LAC
  11. CAR
  12. HOU
  13. TEN
  14. NYG
  15. CHI
  16. BAL
  17. KC
  18. DET
  19. SF
  20. DEN
  21. CIN
  22. DAL
  23. MIA
  24. OAK
  25. ARI
  26. WAS
  27. SEA
  28. TB
  29. NYJ
  30. CLE
  31. BUF
  32. IND
The first regular season game is Thursday night: ATL vs. PHI

Who will the Patriots play in the Super Bowl this year?

As a MN Vikings season ticket holder I'm looking forward to a good season. Biggest question mark is OL but we are pretty stacked at offensive skill positions and on defense. Injuries could also derail us as we are thin for depth at most places.

Don't expect 13-3 again as the schedule seems harder. Hopefully 11-12 wins and another NFC North title.

+1 (Vikings fan, but not a season ticket holder)

High hopes to start the season. I keep in mind, this is the Vikings and so expect the unexpected. Likely expect disappointment to reign.:blush:

Gave up my season tickets. First year of retirement and that just seemed like an expense I didn’t need to cover any longer. Gave the Lions 10 years, and while they got to be more fun to watch, I don’t see them at the SB anytime soon. I’ll spring for a game or two this season and go tailgate with the crew, but that line item on the budget is going to decrease significantly. One bright note is that opening day is MNF. That will make for a fun evening tailgating even if my contact for a ticket doesn’t come through.

The Bears jumped up several slots on the power rankings after that big trade a few days ago. Still, I will believe their improvement when I see it.

Team purple here. As the official commander of the Viking Southern Command here in Tampa Florida. Here's to a great 2018 Football season. Skol everyone.

NFL Power Rankings: Week 2

After last week's games, NFL Power Rankings, Week 2:

1. PHI
  2. LAR
  3. MIN
  4. NE
  5. JAX
  6. GB
  7. ATL
  8. CAR
  9. BAL
  10. PIT
  11. KC
  12. NO
  13. HOU
  14. LAC
  15. NYG
  16. CHI
  17. WAS
  18. DEN
  19. TB
  20. NYJ
  21. CIN
  22. SF
  23. MIA
  24. TEN
  25. DAL
  26. DET
  27. OAK
  28. SEA
  29. CLE
  30. IND
  31. AZ
  32. BUF
Today's early game of MIN vs. GB looks to be a good one.

Oh I don’t want to get my hopes up but dang, the Chiefs could really be something special this year.

I'm working on winning my second bet of the season betting against the Texans (and I live in Houston). :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom