NFL: 2018 Season

Mahomes has a great future ahead of him. If KC improves its defense and if he stays healthy he will win a SB in the future.

Andy Reid fails again in the playoffs

Wonder if the winner of this year's Super Bowl will have to get an asterisk by their win?

The Saints plain and simple should be the ones in the Super Bowl. Rams are a good team, but they won due to absolutely terrible officiating.

Agree also that the NFL OT rule does not even give the other team a chance makes it so the coin flip becomes more a factor than the actual playing.
Will not be watching the SB , I feel the NFL MUST correct this officiating . I predicted Rams VS Pats earlier and sure enough because of terrible calls these teams win . How could refs miss the call on the Saints unprotected receiver . The NFL has been working on trying to make the game safer . Tommy gets a roughing the passer call on a third and nine . Someway some how the Pats always get the calls . Even after the NFL apologizes again and again .
The SB will be won by LA , the NFL wants to nurture the LA fan market . There will be tons of feel good stories on the Cali. fires and how much the Rams mean to the area . During the season I watched twice as a Browns fan as two games were so poorly officiated that we lost games and the NFL apologized . I say if players can be suspended so should officials …….No accountability.
Heck Roger Goodell makes 44m a year make him accountable
The NFL even called the Saints' coach, Sean Payton, to apologize and told him "we messed up", that officials made a mistake. But this isn't the first time. Even high school football has better officiating than this. The Saints are a Big Deal here in New Orleans, so the entire city is just reeling. For example Harry Connick Jr. announced that he is not only boycotting the Superbowl, but also never attending another NFC game unless changes are made.

I don't even watch football at all, and here I am posting about it! That's how much it affected the city.

Been to games in NOLA and always had a great time . We travel as Browns fans and got invited to a Saints Tailgate party . The Saints had the game stolen and nobody cares within the NFL …………..Hey we will see you at Mardi Gras in March !

The Los Angeles Times awarded the game ball to the NFL officials.

I saw a LA. eye doctor offering free eye exams to any NFL officials.

The officials in both games stunk, the Saints were impacted the most. That non-call should have been called any number of penalties.

Last edited:
Agreed, and I’m not surprised. Brady is a good guy despite the haters.

I’m a Pats fan, but Mahomes was the most impressive QB I watched this year. He will have his day - soon. I couldn’t sleep for a couple hours after the Monday night game between KC and the Rams, one of the greatest games I’ve ever seen!

That was a great game to watch. I thought the Pats' 1st half game plan against a high powered offense like the Chiefs, establishing the run game was beautiful.

Mahomes is the real deal. Even after Brady did his thing leaving about 38 seconds left, I knew the game was not over at that time. I was surprised the Chiefs didn't try one more shot at the end zone before going for OT. Would have been risky, but "Ya don't want to lose the coin toss!!"

I would have liked to see the Patriots lose. Said another way, I was rooting for the under dogs.
AFAIK, the Pats were the underdogs. Chiefs were favored by 3.
IMO, defence is the other half of the game. Coin toss or no, the Chief defence rolled over with 3, 3 and 10s.
[Full disclosure: our nephew works for the Pats]
Agree that Mahomes is awesome with a great future ahead of him

Last edited:
Mahomes has a great future ahead of him. If KC improves its defense and if he stays healthy he will win a SB in the future.

Andy Reid fails again in the playoffs
I was texting with a friend during the game and mentioned the Andy Reid curse. She had no idea what I was talking about.

That was a great game to watch. I thought the Pats' 1st half game plan against a high powered offense like the Chiefs, establishing the run game was beautiful.

Mahomes is the real deal. Even after Brady did his thing leaving about 38 seconds left, I knew the game was not over at that time. I was surprised the Chiefs didn't try one more shot at the end zone before going for OT. Would have been risky, but "Ya don't want to lose the coin toss!!"
I'm glad you mentioned that, I also was surprised that they didn't take another shot at the end zone with 8 seconds left or whatever it was.

Mahomes has been very impressive each time I have seen him play... his ability to improvise should serve him well.

AFAIK, the Pats were the underdogs. Chiefs were favored by 3.
IMO, defense is the other half of the game. Coin toss or no, the Chief defense rolled over with 3, 3 and 10s.
[Full disclosure: our nephew works for the Pats]
Agree that Mahomes is awesome with a great future ahead of him

The Pats are never really the underdogs.

I'm glad you mentioned that, I also was surprised that they didn't take another shot at the end zone with 8 seconds left or whatever it was.

Mahomes has been very impressive each time I have seen him play... his ability to improvise should serve him well.

Why risk an interception when you can force OT? Sure, Reid's a hero if they score, but imagine if it's picked off? I'd take the OT anytime in a game of that magnitude, at home yet.

Why risk an interception when you can force OT? Sure, Reid's a hero if they score, but imagine if it's picked off? I'd take the OT anytime in a game of that magnitude, at home yet.

Another risk I think if they try one more play and someone gets hurt w/o any time outs. Then isn't that a 10 second run off and game over? But I was still a bit surprised they didn't take the gamble.

I saw a LA. eye doctor offering free eye exams to any NFL officials.

The officials in both games stunk, the Saints were impacted the most. That non-call should have been called any number of penalties.
I suspect that the officials can probably afford their own eye exams after that missed call. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

We had Andy Reid in Philly for many years. The one consistent fault was time management to include poorly burned timeouts. It did not surprise me that he had none left at the end of regulation when he needed it most.

Still, the killer to me was the guy that lined up off-sides on the interception play. That would have iced it.

You have to pull out all the stops against the Pats. You never know what they are going to throw at you, like deflated footballs, tapes of your practices, etc.:LOL:

The ball changed direction after hitting Edelman's arm. It should have been an interception. Balls do not change direction unless something causes them to change direction
Both quarterbacks are from here and I'm not rooting for either team. Just for a game where the outcome is determined by the player's abilities and not the refs calls

The ball changed direction after hitting Edelman's arm. It should have been an interception. Balls do not change direction unless something causes them to change direction
Nobody else saw it that way... I didn't, the refs didn't, the commentators didn't, nor did the CBS expert.... it never hit his arm and it never changed direction.

It is really interesting that both games could have easily gone to the other team with a call going the right way or a lineman not being offside... neither would have gone into OT...

As someone in the media pointed out, NO could have run the ball and run the clock down to almost nothing and kicked the filed goal... but they passed... giving LA a lot of time to come back and tie it up...

KC lined up offside when the pass was intercepted.... if the stupid lineman had not, as he put it, 'had to see the ball' they would be going....

SOOO, it is not all on the blown call even though that was really a bad call...

BUT, I was watching the Rockets play a week or so ago and someone from GS ran out of bounds, took two step, hit the ball back inbounds and nothing was called... luckily Harden hit a 3 with a second or so left to win the game...

Back
Top Bottom