No funeral or memorial service

Anybody know how much the cremated ashes of a average human would weigh ? My mother was cremated and the urn with her ashes was surprisingly heavy but after all she was a big woman.

Based on my only experience, weight (think overweight) didn't matter as much as bone mass.:eek:

LMAO! I just spewed coffee all over myself.......

Haha, it's true. He was a little different. Liked women over 300 pounds, too. Told my wife when he first met her, so she felt VERY safe around him :dance:

My wife's burial at sea

Neither of us had any family locally, so there was no reason to have any sort of service. This is what I did: [FONT=&quot]I picked up my wife's ashes on Friday the 10th, and kept them at home until the 12th.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]On the morning of the12th there was a moderate earthquake here, as if to say even the ground was unhappy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I drove out to Oxnard, where we went for most of the 29 anniversaries we celebrated, and rented a kayak. The people there were very helpful getting the two of us launched, and I paddled out to the marina entrance. It took about a half hour of paddling until I could get clear of the breakwater and out into the open sea. The conditions were not too bad, only a one to two foot swell, which made things easier for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] I opened the bag with her ashes, and slowly poured them into the sea. I said a few prayers for her, and watched as the ashes dispersed into the water. I sat there for a while, reminiscing over the 30 years we spent together, and slowly paddled back to the landing.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]After changing into dry clothes, I went upstairs to the restaurant we always ate at when we came here. I felt a small pang of remembrance and guilt, as this was the first time in [FONT=&quot]12 years[/FONT] that I had no one to help up the stairs.[/FONT]

My husband wants no service of any kind. I'm sure family would get together to remember him in some way, but not a traditional funeral or service.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom