No Longer An RV'er Wannabe...

I'm still waiting on my new to me van RV. They've fixed everything but the backup camera. Had to get some parts and they haven't come in yet. I'm getting antsy to get it and almost want to tell them to forget the backup camera - I can get a new one for $100.

I've never RV'd before either but I think the van will suit my purposes pretty well. I was thinking I would probably boondock most of the time and just do a park now and then. We will see whether that holds true once I get it. On my upcoming trip to Denver, I have no plans for parks because it is just a beeline to Denver. See how I feel on the way back. In the past, I've done a lot of basic camping, so the RV will be quite luxurious.

It looks like more people are getting interested in RVs. Darn! The wait list may be already too long at some favorite NPs. Heh heh heh...

Tesaje, you will have great fun with your RV. If I were a single traveler, I would not need more room. And by the way, the RoadTreks looked great to me, until I checked out their new prices. :whistle: Being the kind of cheapskate who is willing to sacrifice quality for a bit more quantity, I quickly gravitated to the larger, yet less expensive, Sprinter-based RVs that can be bought used for 1/2 of new list prices. But I could not wait and ended up with the gas-guzzler sitting on my driveway now. It cost me even less, and the price difference will pay for a lot of gas. So, I should not complain.

Its CCC is almost 2500lbs after a full fuel tank. That leaves enough reserve to haul a bit of water around. :D

We were never interested in a class A, or a 5th wheel. These are just way too big for us. Only B, B+, C, or smaller trailers towable by SUVs for us. What we have now (26ft C towing a toad) is at the high end of sizes for us. Will see if we will change our mind after some serious miles on the road.

Back
Top Bottom