nTelos cell phone plan?

Dreamer

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I am just curious if anyone has or know anyone who has nTelos as their cell phone plan. I am in WV and it might be just local to our area. We need to get a new plan, since my DD's phone has quit working and our plan is switching from analog to the GSM plan and we can't buy a new phone for her, but must switch to their new plan. I started checking around on the internet and had a question for nTelos and called a phone number on their site and it turned out to be their corporate office. The guy told me that he could offer me some deals that I could not receive from their stores in our area or even over the internet. We now have a family plan with DH, DD and myself on it. He said that if we sign a 2 year plan, we could receive 1200 minutes on a National plan (where there is no longer any roaming charges) for $59.99 per month and for the first year, we would not be charged extra for the partner lines. We now pay $9.99 per month for each partner line. After the first year, each partner line would be $10.00 per month per line. There is free mobile to mobile calling. Also, he said that he would give us unlimited nights starting at 7:00pm for free. There is also unlimited week-ends. Our phone plan that we have now starts unlimited nights at 8:00, but under their new plan it does not start until 9:00. If you want it at 7:00, it costs $5.00 more per month per phone line. I really like the idea of it starting at 7:00pm. Text messaging incoming is free and there is no activation fees. If you go over your minutes, the charge is 25 cents per minute. You must buy your phones-no freebies, but they do have specials. Their website is www.ntelos.com. They UPS the phones to you at no extra charge. It is definitely the best plan that I have found, but have no idea if the cell service is any good. The only family that I know that has this plan is my DD's boyfriend's parents. They have not had it very long either. She said they have had pretty good luck with it, but it is their very first cell phone. She said there is a couple of places where they have not been able to get cell service and a few dropped calls. Of course, I have had the same thing with the plan I have now, which is CellularOne. We have had CellOne for going on 3 years and knew quite a few people who had this before we signed on. It makes me a little nervous to sign a 2 year contract and then end up hating the service for the next 2 years.

Also, does anyone have any cell phones that they love. We are interested in getting a flip phone and I would like for mine to be a speaker phone. DH and DD want to get the RAZR phones. I have heard of some people having problems with the wire antenna type of phones. The wires get bent up or break off and would prefer not to have that type.

Any help or suggestions, would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Dreamer

We have one telco plan $15 for 50 minutes with voicemail etc. Phone was free on a prior 3-year contract. The other is GSM on a payGo plan at $20/mo and unused minutes carry over. Bought it used locally from somebody who had upgraded.

We travel extensively and did not want a high monthly fee when we are not here.

Thanks for the reply. My DD is 17 years old and we definitely use alot of minutes, so could not go with a lower amount. We now share 1500 minutes and have not ever went over the minutes, but have come close a few times. We also have had roaming charges since my DH will answer his phone anywhere and anytime! Luckily, he doesn't travel extensively, but this month our cell bill was $101.00. If it were up to me and me alone, we would not have cell service, but I am outnumbered. I do admit, that it does come in handy sometimes, but that was a bill that we did not even have until 11/03.

If you never go over, you might be paying too much. Each month you are paying for minutes not used. Look at the next lower clip level and do the math. Six normal months are needed to be effective for a cost comparison. I have had a cell phone since 1989. Always made out better paying some extra usage charges.

Back
Top Bottom