Obama tells Kanye like it is

From what I saw on the red carpet(Kanye swigging from a bottle of booze) perhaps this will be a wake up call for him to quit drinking to excess.

In "defending" Beyonce, he clearly demonstrated that Beyonce has more class in her right pinky finger than Kanye has in his whole body.

I agree with Donald Trump who said that West didn't care about Beyonce and that he was just grandstanding. Anything to get camera time, I guess. Little did he expect this to bite him in the fanny. I just wonder how much more of this we have to endure before Kanye West fades into the shade and we can totally forget about him.
Michael Knowles, Beyonce's father, sped back to Taylor Swift who was sobbing backstage right after this happened, asked what they could do to help and suggested that Beyonce bring her back on stage. Now that is one classy, kind family.
Kanye is taking 6 months off to figure out what to do with the rest of his life he said on Leno. I think he assumes everyone will forget about how obnoxious he is by then. I won't. And his mother is probably whirling in her grave right now.

Whether you like Obama or not, you gotta love the guy for keeping it more than real:

Obama: Kanye Is A "Jackass"

Having watched the award show, I think that sums it up pretty succinctly:nonono:.

Seems like Obama is finally getting the issues he addresses prioritized and handling the important stuff like this first. Good for him!

I saw the incident on the news and it looked like a set up by the show's producers to me. More outrageous MTV all the time! West gets the contriteness spotlight (conveniently already being booked on Jay Leno's first prime time episode for the next night); sweet Taylor Swift certainly isn't hurt by it; and Beyonce shows her classiness.

And ratings for future MTV awards shows might go up as more people tune in to see more outrageousness. It's a win win win situation!

Except for the reporter in the link.

I agree with Donald Trump who said that West didn't care about Beyonce and that he was just grandstanding. .

Umm don't think The Donald could accuse anyone of grandstanding as he is the master of the subject. Why he has any relevance to the topic and why he was asked his opinion bamboozle's me. Maybe they thought one ginormous ego could give an opinion on another?

I think Beyonce has always been a decent person. Even her wedding, she played it low key and kept her private life private.

I saw the incident on the news and it looked like a set up by the show's producers to me. More outrageous MTV all the time! West gets the contriteness spotlight (conveniently already being booked on Jay Leno's first prime time episode for the next night); sweet Taylor Swift certainly isn't hurt by it; and Beyonce shows her classiness.

And ratings for future MTV awards shows might go up as more people tune in to see more outrageousness. It's a win win win situation!

Except for the reporter in the link.

Ha! I thought I was the conspiracy theorist on this forum! :LOL: Excellent read!

This issue is even on today's (9/16) MarketWatch on the internet...geeesh! So, for those of you who might own NBC stock, you might be interested in taking a gander.
Personally, I can't think of anyone better to ask their opinion about this incident than The Donald--the King of Grandstanding.

What I don't understand about this incident is there is a shared comm link between two news companies. One company was using it, but employees from the OTHER company were listening in apparently in violation of their agreement. Then they heard something so juicy that they started to report it, even though it wasn't their interview and it wasn't their time on the comm link.

If I was controlling the company who was using the link, I'd be all over that competitor for breach of contract with giant claims for damages to boot. Haven't heard that yet.

....just another sideshow in the nightly media circus freak show.

Who really gives a sh*t about this stuff?

and to quote Nords "what does this have to do with Early Retirement?":whistle:

and to quote Nords "what does this have to do with Early Retirement?":whistle:
A lot of stuff on these boards has nothing to do with early retirement. Just because a politician is mentioned doesn't mean it's political any more than something about Michael Jackson was necessarily related to music.

A lot of stuff on these boards has nothing to do with early retirement. Just because a politician is mentioned doesn't mean it's political any more than something about Michael Jackson was necessarily related to [-]music[/-] criminal law.

Fixed. ;)

A lot of stuff on these boards has nothing to do with early retirement. Just because a politician is mentioned doesn't mean it's political any more than something about Michael Jackson was necessarily related to music.

I wasn't worried about the political issues at all, I just commenting on why anyone would give a sh*t about Kanye West's latest antics. The media fascination with celebrity instead of real news makes me want to puke. :mad: But that's just me...

The reason I posted this in the first place is that I was pretty surprised that Obama made any comment at all. Sorry if this offends some of you and your....level of sophisticated thinking, but it IS all over the news. Obviously, Obama isn't so sophisticated at some of you griping about this post.
By the way, Want2retire has a post about curmudgeons you might want to look into.

The reason I posted this in the first place is that I was pretty surprised that Obama made any comment at all. Sorry if this offends some of you and your....level of sophisticated thinking, but it IS all over the news. Obviously, Obama isn't so sophisticated at some of you griping about this post.
By the way, Want2retire has a post about curmudgeons you might want to look into.

It's not about being sophisticated, or about offending me. (You can't offend me, I'm too ignorant...;))

The fact that this is "all over the news" is what bothers me. What is the fascination with celebrity that turns the media into mindless drooling fawning idiots? They are making a big deal when simply ignoring this jackass might make him go away...:mad:

... and I'm still waiting for my curmudgeon certificate. :D

... and I'm still waiting for my curmudgeon certificate.
Here ya go
curmudgeon.jpg
PM me and I will send you the PDF (suitable for framing!) :LOL:

I wasn't worried about the political issues at all, I just commenting on why anyone would give a sh*t about Kanye West's latest antics. The media fascination with celebrity instead of real news makes me want to puke. :mad: But that's just me...

I don't care at all about Empty V, or Kayne West. However, one thing that chaps my butt is that we (collectively) allow a-holes of various stripes to spew crap, without calling them out. This is particularly true in politics. The nut jobs who spew do not represent me, and an alarming number on both sides of the spectrum are allowed to set the tone of debates, and the course of discussion, when, in actuality, they don't actually represent much of anyone...

So bravo for President O for telling it like it is...

I don't care at all about Empty V, or Kayne West. However, one thing that chaps my butt is that we (collectively) allow a-holes of various stripes to spew crap, without calling them out. This is particularly true in politics. The nut jobs who spew do not represent me, and an alarming number on both sides of the spectrum are allowed to set the tone of debates, and the course of discussion, when, in actuality, they don't actually represent much of anyone...

So bravo for President O for telling it like it is...

Definitely the downside of tolerance. This morning I was reading "The Real Animal House", by Chris Miller, aka Pinto.

He is my age. His stories remind me so much of what I liked about life pre the Beatle Invasion. No one was tolerant of anything but their own groups boorish behavior, and we were immensely tolerant of that. PC had not yet been invented. So many things that were acceptable and even laudable in certain circles would likely land you in court today.

Life stayed fairly reasonable throughout the sexy 70s but has been going downhill ever since.

Lately I am so effing tolerant it sucks, but can't fight city hall. What that Kanye needed was to be booted.

Ha

Jimmy Carter: Kanye's behavior 'uncalled for'​
Now Kanye West can say that two presidents have weighed in on his VMA incident. In addition to President Obama's off-the-record (or was it?) remark, former President Jimmy Carter (who yesterday made news with comments about race) has given his thoughts about the rapper's behavior.
CNN reports that Carter, speaking at a town hall meeting at Emory University in Georgia (where he's a professor) last night, said that what West did was "completely uncalled for," adding that "his punishment was to appear on the new Jay Leno show."

Last edited by a moderator:
What I'd like to see is, if that guy ever gets invited to any awards show, is for every other performer to just say, "No thanks, not showing up then".

To some degree, the awards shows like the attention this junk gets. So classy people like Beyonce' could just distance themselves - they'd have to change.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom