Obama tells Kanye like it is

Definitely the downside of tolerance. This morning I was reading "The Real Animal House", by Chris Miller, aka Pinto.

He is my age. His stories remind me so much of what I liked about life pre the Beatle Invasion. No one was tolerant of anything but their own groups boorish behavior, and we were immensely tolerant of that. PC had not yet been invented. So many things that were acceptable and even laudable in certain circles would likely land you in court today.

Life stayed fairly reasonable throughout the sexy 70s but has been going downhill ever since.

Lately I am so effing tolerant it sucks, but can't fight city hall. What that Kanye needed was to be booted.

Ha

Well, I'm leary of "societal pressure", as it's a double-edged sword. And I've certainly acted out a time or two... :whistle:

I'm right there with you on the can't fight city hall.

Maybe this has been pointed out here already, but
Kanye West's behavior, coupled with Joe Wilson's
rudeness, both point to a new low in civility in our
society ...

And who is this person they call Kayne ? :confused:

I have no idea, never heard of him. First time I saw him was the replay of the award segment. The second time was the next night on Jay Leno's show. And it was only for the amount of time it took to change the channel.;)

Maybe this has been pointed out here already, but
Kanye West's behavior, coupled with Joe Wilson's
rudeness, both point to a new low in civility in our
society ...

Are you kidding? Neither of these are even that outrageous. John Riggins' "loosen up Sandy baby" :ROFLMAO:, George Washington was called a traitor, Lincoln was portrayed as an ape, hell, Alexander Hamilton was shot by Aaron Burr. The reason the Democrats have a donkey as a symbol is because his opponents called Andrew Jackson a jackass. This is a business as usual.

Last edited:
Are you kidding? Neither of these are even that outrageous. John Riggins' "loosen up Sandy baby" :ROFLMAO:, George Washington was called a traitor, Lincoln was portrayed as an ape, hell, Alexander Hamilton was shot by Aaron Burr. The reason the Democrats have a donkey as a symbol is because his opponents called Andrew Jackson a jackass. This is a business as usual.

IIRC from history class they used to have knock-down-drag-out fights in the Congress back in the day.

IIRC from history class they used to have knock-down-drag-out fights in the Congress back in the day.

Perhaps the thing you are missing is that Pres Obama was an
invited guest speaking before Congress. Yes, I am aware that
mud-slinging during campaigns and rowdiness in the halls of
Congress is hardly a new thing.

Yes, we are not "back in the day," thank goodness!

I would be a non-voting, non-person, just for being female.

Also unable to to keep my wages, or sign contracts, if married.

All duels must take place OUTSIDE of the halls of Congress. These whippersnappers have not read the rules!

ta,
mew

Back
Top Bottom