"Official" American Idol 2011 Thread

In any event, it will be interesting to see if she does this "softer" version

Or the "caged animal" version

In either case, she will have to edit a couple of "nasty" lyrics. :nonono:

I'd vote for the "caged animal" version;) The "nasty" lyrics aren't a problem. Crystal Bowersox sang this song plus "Ironic" with Alanis Morrisette on the finale last year. I did laugh when I heard the lyric changed to "down with you to the theatre", but otherwise, it worked out pretty good:
YouTube - Alanis Morissette & Crystal Bowersox - Ironic + You Oughta Know (Duet) [HD]

I have to admit that I would have liked Scotty or Haley to go. Lauren really showed well. Who knew! It has been a great season with many stars in the making...

Wow! They sure picked a sucky song for Haley, compared to the other two selections. It's an uptempo semi-angry song compared to the two ballads. Are they trying to sabotage her chances?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw that. I can see it now, Randy will be all, "For me, for you, that wasn't the best song" and Haley will be all, "you made me sing it!", with that exasperated look on her face. It's not really a song that shows off what she does best, so it seems like a set up to me...

That's the first thing I thought when I saw that. I can see it now, Randy will be all, "For me, for you, that wasn't the best song" and Haley will be all, "you made me sing it!", with that exasperated look on her face. It's not really a song that shows off what she does best, so it seems like a set up to me...

Really??

I guess i'm on Purron's camp on this one. Haley seems to do best when she shows her angry side. I am looking forward to it.

Haley's voice is weakest in the low range, so I think the start of the song will be underwhelming. The melody of the song is not a great melody, unlike I who have nothing which has a nice melody but angry/sad words, this song has an angry melody and angry words, I just don't think it will do anything to show off what a great singer she is, I think Adele type songs are better for showing her off.

Although Ryan Seacrest never mentioned her in last night's TV program, despite introducing singer/songwriter Neil Sedaka from the front row of the live audience, did any others of you also see Mrs. Elvis Presley early in the show, when the camera panned the live audience? And, may I say, for a 65-year-old, Priscilla has perhaps the best plastic surgery job that money can buy.

Haley didn't make it to the finale. But, as a 'Baby Boomer' who has enjoyed pop and "alternative" music all my life, I have been pleased to learn, from what she has shared these past few episodes, that her parents gave her a healthy musical education as she grew up. She's gonna do well as a professional musical entertainer in the years to come. You go, girl!

Haley didn't make it to the finale. But, as a 'Baby Boomer' who has enjoyed pop and "alternative" music all my life, I have been pleased to learn, from what she has shared these past few episodes, that her parents gave her a healthy musical education as she grew up. She's gonna do well as a professional musical entertainer in the years to come. You go, girl!

+1

Scotty vs. Lauren is a snoozefest. They're nice kids, but I would have found a Haley vs. James finale much more interesting.

Although Ryan Seacrest never mentioned her in last night's TV program, despite introducing singer/songwriter Neil Sedaka from the front row of the live audience, did any others of you also see Mrs. Elvis Presley early in the show, when the camera panned the live audience? And, may I say, for a 65-year-old, Priscilla has perhaps the best plastic surgery job that money can buy.

Yup, DH and I spotted her too. She does look good.

And, may I say, for a 65-year-old, Priscilla has perhaps the best plastic surgery job that money can buy.

Actually, her (Elvis's!) money did not buy the best plastic surgery:

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Priscilla Presley’s face is the result of a plastic surgery scam artist

TMZ has learned Priscilla Presley is the victim of a botched cosmetic procedure. What’s worse — it was at the hands of a gigolo who was sent to prison for perpetrating an injectable scam on Hollywood’s elite.

Priscilla, whose face looks … strange on “Dancing with the Stars,” went to Dr. Daniel Serrano around 2003. Serrano was a good-looking doc from Argentina who hooked into Hollywood’s social A-list and started giving them what he claimed were miracle injections that worked better than Botox.

+1

Scotty vs. Lauren is a snoozefest. They're nice kids, but I would have found a Haley vs. James finale much more interesting.

+1. Definitely.

+1

+1

I'll be watching next week not to see who wins (because I really don't care that much) but to see what guest stars perform.

+1

I'll agree with the other agreers. Haley's choice of "What is and what should never be" was awesome. Great song, with lots of opportunities for expression. And not your typical AI song at all, not at all. So that was very cool.

And even though I like Haley, I still find about 10-20% of every performance to just not be clicking with me. Like I said before, to my ears she slurs over the words in some lines and just does not convey the meaning, or she just loses it somewhere. Other performers nail every performance, and for me she hasn't. Still very good though. Subjective stuff, so it's hard to put in words.

Having her Dad play guitar was way cool though. He was great! I should check out his band - Wheeling, IL is in our general area so it should be easy to find a venue nearby that he plays. Though I'm sure they'll be packed now!

-ERD50

I'll agree with the other agreers. Haley's choice of "What is and what should never be" was awesome. Great song, with lots of opportunities for expression. And not your typical AI song at all, not at all. So that was very cool.

And even though I like Haley, I still find about 10-20% of every performance to just not be clicking with me. Like I said before, to my ears she slurs over the words in some lines and just does not convey the meaning, or she just loses it somewhere. Other performers nail every performance, and for me she hasn't. Still very good though. Subjective stuff, so it's hard to put in words.

Having her Dad play guitar was way cool though. He was great! I should check out his band - Wheeling, IL is in our general area so it should be easy to find a venue nearby that he plays. Though I'm sure they'll be packed now!

-ERD50
I think it was during the second song that Haley did Wednesday night that made me think she could have done a Maria Muldaur song quite well. Haley has the perfect tone and phrasing for that. (Anyone else think that Haley's dad looked like the brother of Michael McKean?)

Oh no! I can't believe that I missed the finale! I thought it was tomorrow night. :facepalm:

I'll bet they were both wonderful, too.

Scotty Wins Season 10!

So how 'bout that Scotty! No surprise, huh? Good finale. My highlights: Haley and Tony Bennett, Lauren and Carrie Underwood, James and Judias Priest. I also thought Beyonce was terrific, particularly on her second song. So long Idol for another year.

Nope, no surprise.. I really enjoyed the show, too. It was great to see the rest of the top 13 and hear them again. I cracked up when James and Casey were talking about getting voted off and which was the biggest surprise, and then Pia walks up ... :ROFLMAO:

I cracked up when James and Casey were talking about getting voted off and which was the biggest surprise, and then Pia walks up ... :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that was pretty funny!

Criminy, Steven Tyler must be very expensive. He is being paid by the second or what.

This was certainly a great season with all contestants being very strong. Now I am getting myself ready for "So you think you can Dance".

I loved Haley's duet with Tony Bennett last night. Their voices blended beautifully. He did a pretty good song and dance performance for an 85-year-old, too.

Back
Top Bottom