"Official" American Idol 2011 Thread

No comments yet about Haley's amazing performance last night of "House of the Rising Sun":confused:

I had it recorded and listened to it twice last night. Amazing!

I am not a big fan of hers but she was really good on it.

Yes, she was! I really enjoyed listening to her last night. Seems like she is really blossoming as the season continues.

Wow who do you vote off? I agree with Jennifer. I'm glad it is not us!

I think James should win. But then any of them can win on any night!

I would guess it will be Lauren...

No comments yet about Haley's amazing performance last night of "House of the Rising Sun":confused:

I had it recorded and listened to it twice last night. Amazing!

I am not a big fan of hers but she was really good on it.

YES! I thought it was the best performance of the night too. I rewind and relisten if someone does a song really well, and I did rewind last night to relisten to her performance.

I think it will be Jacob to go, his style doesn't have universal appeal, (just like Scotty, but Scotty gets the preteen vote, so that will carry him to the end) so, yeah, Jacob's time is up. It will surely be either him or Haley gone tonight. But I think Haley has this going for her --she may have picked up a bunch of voters that had been going to Casey because she was featured with him so much.

Glad that Jacob went---his voice didn't do much for me, nor does the music he favors. And what a massive ego---he said that "America fell in love with me." Not that he loves his fans---that he loves music and the opportunity to share it with others. What a diva!

Glad that Jacob went---his voice didn't do much for me, nor does the music he favors. And what a massive ego---he said that "America fell in love with me." Not that he loves his fans---that he loves music and the opportunity to share it with others. What a diva!

+1 I wanted to see him gone weeks ago. Certainly before Pia and some others. Strange guy. Stranger that he lasted so long.

+1 I wanted to see him gone weeks ago. Certainly before Pia and some others. Strange guy. Stranger that he lasted so long.
+2 He had some amazing technique, but I was tired of it by the second time I heard it. All these overdone runs and odd, annoying affectations. Drove me nuts.

-ERD50

+3 - Jacob was a little too over-the-top for me, and I was glad he was voted off. This is the first time I can remember where I really like all of the final four. No matter who wins, it will be good. I still wish Pia was in the mix, though. :( <- sour grapes.

+4, agree with CJ, especially the Pia lament. As to Scotty, every time I see him, I can't help but think he looks like the offspring of Alfred E. Newman and Dolly Parton.

DW says the same thing so now I can't look at him without thinking it. He has a future in Nashville no matter what happens.

I really thought Lauren was going but after Jacob got a 6 rating, I knew it would be him. So where do all his votes go?

And I thought both Pia and James would be finalists:(

Scotty's pulling a lot of votes. Haley got a little pouty but it seemed to invigorate the voters. James took 4th, so did Daughtry, and his career seems to be just fine.......:)

Scotty should just move to Nashville after Idol and get tutored and skip HS and cut a record. Why go back to NC, he will be part of country for many years.......

No matter what, this year will be the best Idol winner in 3 years. Kris Allen? Boring. Lee Dewyze? weak. At least in the top 3 there is real talent that could sell albums. The last Idol that really was an idol is Carrie Underwood.

This year was the first year I've watched Idol and I made it all the way to two weeks ago. I've thought Scotty would win from the start but I think he'll do ok no matter what. Still won't get me to like country music though.

This year was the first year I've watched Idol and I made it all the way to two weeks ago. I've thought Scotty would win from the start but I think he'll do ok no matter what. Still won't get me to like country music though.

So we got 2 country music finalists and a blues/jazz girl. Of the three left, haley is by far the most versatile vocally. Casey and Haley schooled everyone in taking risks and being versatile enough to sing multiple genres........:)

Taking on Adele, Michael Jackson and Alicia Keys would be considered suicide by most Idol contestants, but Haley made it happen!

Well, I think personality-wise, these three are all a little weak. Haley can be a little off-putting with her poor me act, and I prefer to listen to her without watching her. She sounds really, really great most of the time, but is not my favorite to watch.

Lauren sings great on some things, but has a lot to learn, and her self confidence is sometimes missing when it's needed and sometimes too much there when it's innappropriate, haha.

Scotty is pretty boring, he doesn't really have any facial expressions other than his no expression mr cool look or a smirky smile. His act comes across as playing at being a country singer, he's exaggerating affectations that a country singer would do, it doesn't come across as being from the heart. Of course, he's young, he has a lot of room to mature. I would never buy that style of music, but I can appreciate some people that are good at it like Carrie Underwood or Garth Brooks. Scotty has a long road to get to that level of performance, or he can always just appeal to little girls and grandmas and he'll do fine, anyway, haha.

This isn't a talent show, it's who can get the most votes, so Scotty will win this thing without a doubt.

I have to admit, I was surprised that James got voted off. I thought for sure it would be Haley, but maybe she got the sympathy vote after Randy chewed on her a bit ;)

I have to admit, I was surprised that James got voted off. I thought for sure it would be Haley, but maybe she got the sympathy vote after Randy chewed on her a bit ;)

I wasn't happy either that James got voted off, but his strong emotional talks were really starting to annoy me (sorry to say I thought his half-crying Without You was self indulgent), so I have a feeling that might have turned off more people than just me. It was kind of funny when he said he brought the metal back (he did one metal at the beginning.) His Journey rendition was sooo very good though.

Haley has gotten better and better as the season has progressed IMO.

IF Lauren comes through strong the last weeks, she just might be the upset. Personally, I thought at this point, James was the most bankable.

I'm fine with this final three. Even so, I did get a little misty eyed with James' departure.

The Idol machine loves to create drama, fan wars and have "shocking eliminations" - good for ratings. I fell for it in season 8 with the Adam/Gokey thing.

This group is very talented and will do just fine. I look forward to the finale. No so happy with the judging though - might switch my allegiance to X-Factor - Paula and Simon together again!

Yes, James leaving was a surprise - I thought he might make it to the final two. Like his voice - he had some great performances - but not crazy about him - too much of a drama queen.

Haley has demonstrated steady improvement over the course of the competition and can do some nice performances, but has been inconsistent, particularly on song choice.

Scotty has been consistently good from the first audition, is very likeable and probably the new favorite with James gone.

I think Lauren is the sleeper - good voice, attractive, good performances and likeable but lacking in self confidence.

I'll go out on a limb - Scotty and Lauren in the finals and Lauren is the winner. Guess I have a 16.5% chance of being right.

Here are the songs the judges chose for them to sing next week:

Lauren - "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack
Haley - "You Ought to Know” by Alanis Morissette
Scotty - “She Believes In Me” by Kenny Rogers

Here are the songs the judges chose for them to sing next week:

Lauren - "I Hope You Dance" by LeAnn Womack
Haley - "You Ought to Know” by Alanis Morissette
Scotty - “She Believes In Me” by Kenny Rogers
Wow! They sure picked a sucky song for Haley, compared to the other two selections. It's an uptempo semi-angry song compared to the two ballads. Are they trying to sabotage her chances? (Are they doing three songs each next week?)

Wow! They sure picked a sucky song for Haley, compared to the other two selections. It's an uptempo semi-angry song compared to the two ballads. Are they trying to sabotage her chances? (Are they doing three songs each next week?)

I like the song for Haley. The other two are safe, predictable and boring choices. She could have a real moment with this one. Haley has done great with two other songs dealing with the anger and devestation following the end of a relationship:

"Rolling in the Deep", and
"I Who Have Nothing"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom