Old Rock'n Roll tshirts: Better look at this before destroying

Orchidflower

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just took some old vintage tshirts I had picked up at a place similar to Goodwill in Chicago to cut up to my size last night. After I did this, for fun this morning I thought I probably should have checked on what they might sell for and my jaw dropped. Some of these tshirts from years ago are worth hundreds! Yikes!
And to think, some of these shirts were from The Grateful Dead I chopped up...gulp!:blush: Well, that'll teach me to check it out first before grabbing those scissors again I guess.... (I don't even want to tell you what I did with the old Elvis tshirt from Harrah's)

Monster Vintage.com Vintage Clothing at its Best For Mens & Womens over 100 Categories

Was anyone aware of what some of these old tshirts were going for here? I surely wasn't, obviously.

I would imagine they have to be in very good condition to actually get those prices, plus that is retail from a store specializing in them.
I would rather wear them if they are cool ones--you did the right thing.
I just got a cool book from the library on using old t-shirts for crafts, but most of the ideas are just too "New York" for me. You might like it though, called Generation T. Some neat ideas for making pillows and quilts, but alas my sewing skills are nonexistent.

You won't believe this, but I looked to see if they were "new" vintage tshirts and some are almost faded but all in good condition supposedly. My gosh, there must be some BIG, BIG fans out there to spend $300+ on an old, used tshirt. :rolleyes:

I can't tell you how many old Dead, Allman Bros, Zappa, etc shirts I still have. Pretty ratty, some of them, but the ultimate in comfort, being just a couple of molecules thick by now. I don't think I'll sell them. Maybe I should put them in the will as an asset, though. :D

Edit: I just looked at the link. Those shirts aren't even old! They're from the 80s! Bunch of posers. :LOL:

Addtl edit: hey you kids, get off my {rock and roll} lawn...

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom