Oldest Cat

We got a kitten when I was 6, who was still with my parents when I was almost 28 and had been out of the house for years. So that would be 21 going on 22. She was a wonderful cat, although her quality of life the last couple of years was poor.

DFW_M5, and anyone else with a cat, or dog, with kidney disease, you might want to discuss the medication calcitriol with your vet for support of Zena's kidney function. Its a liquid squirt in their mouth twice a week. Can be compounded into a tasty liquid. This is something both Cleo and my 18 yr old also gets (forgot to add it to the list in my last post). Not too expensive and it is supposed to slow down loss of kidney function.

Our oldest reached 20 and another was within a few months of that. Current oldest is 15 and went through some rough stuff earlier this year. Fortunately he's been pretty tolerant of treatments and doing better now, so hopefully he will be pushing into that upper range as well.

once met a man at the vet's with a 25 year old female.

my sweet little girl lived for 20 years before her kidneys gave out - best cat I ever had.

Our cat Molly is over 20. Vet can't believe it. She is adopted from a shelter in Chicago. Loves Dogs. Not so much other cats.

My oldest was 16. Until the last few weeks she was very active. She went downhill quickly, and the decision to put her down was painful, but not difficult to make, so she really was a great and easy to care for cat to the end. The other three went between 7 and 11 due to a tumor, diabetes, and kidney failure. I was only really surprised by the 7 year old who was very healthy until the tumor earlier this year. I have higher hopes for her littermate.

Am allergic, but my entry:
110 years old

Attachments

• cat.jpg
    cat.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 73
Am allergic, but my entry:
110 years old

LOL The winner! Should have known to be more specific. Like old tractors, or old mechanisms of any significant kind. Now the stock, CAT, not so much. tracked it for a while, then lost interest. Kind of like an old cat with toys or food, sometimes.

My first Siamese cat lived until she was 20. I hated leaving her at home to go to college, but she couldn't be in a dorm and she was blind. She was a great companion.

Our last two got to 11 and 16, respectively. The current one is 15 and looks like he's going strong

All of my cats have been strays. I've had a few cats die when they were young because of feline leukemia. I had a male cat live to 12 (got cancer - put down) and a female cat who lived to be 18. I have a friend who had a female grey tabby who was 22 when it died.

My brother had a cat that lived to 24. He was an indoor/outdoor cat. Shocking he lived that long. I'm not sure my brother ever took him to a vet.

My brother had a cat that lived to 24. He was an indoor/outdoor cat. Shocking he lived that long. I'm not sure my brother ever took him to a vet.

What was the breed?

I've known some pretty tough indoor/outdoor male tabbies, usually orange, or white and gold as I like to refer to the three such I have had over the years, including the one I have now, albeit he is indoor only now that he is old. My first such cat lived to be 16. The current big guy (22 lbs and not fat, just big) is 15 1/2.

I have not had a cat making it to 10. They were all indoor cats. Very sad. My wife does not want to have one anymore. When we no longer travel, I will have another one.

Our oldest cat is 19, turning 20 in September. All our cats have been indoor cats.

What was the breed?

I've known some pretty tough indoor/outdoor male tabbies, usually orange, or white and gold as I like to refer to the three such I have had over the years, including the one I have now, albeit he is indoor only now that he is old. My first such cat lived to be 16. The current big guy (22 lbs and not fat, just big) is 15 1/2.

Yep! He was a male orange cat, a bit big. Super friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Early Retirement Forum

Back
Top Bottom