Online games, brainteasers and other time wasters

freebird5825

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
There was a thread floating around here somewhere, sometime ago :whistle: about things to do online to challenge the brain or just plain waste time.
I'm tired of Mahjongg Dimensions and Sumatra, so this is my new time waster.
Play Yarnz Game on AARP

What's yours? :D

I posted this on the thread, "What have you read recently." It was fun for a while until I figured it out and got the secret message from Dan Brown. It was good for about a day, playing with it on and off.

I was the last on my block to read "The Da Vinci Code." Started the new one Tuesday, "The Lost Symbol" but keep finding distractions. Anyone else playing the game? :

http://www.thelostsymbol.com/symbolquest/index.php

Last edited:
Try anything at Bigfishgames.com

or

Gamesville.com
I think you need to register for this one.

-- Rita

What's yours? :D
Windows Solitaire-- the XP version.

Hey, it's not easy to memorize the card sequence of the draw deck. And [-]if[/-] when I get bored with that I can try a version of Hoyle's blackjack.

If you're ok depositing in the $25 range you could play microstakes poker at Poker Stars (open to US residents).

I downloaded a W95 version of Double Freecell (2 decks) a long time ago. Still playing it on Vista, never liked the upgraded versions as much.

Also - Circle the Cat ~ Grandma Faith's. Once you get it figured out it's not as much fun, but it had me going for quite a while. All you cat owners should appreciate this one.

I try to avoid computer games for the most part. I'm aware of my addictive personality, and already spend too much time on this devil machine. >:D

A forum member sent this link to me....

Cleverbot.com - a clever bot - speak to an AI with some Actual Intelligence?

Twiddle yer time away. Is it a bot or not......
sCo_eyebrow.gif

For Mechanical Engineers and Wannabees

I had a lot of fun with this game on a recent trip using DW's IPad. You build bridges using wood, steel, cables and concrete over various rivers. Each bridge has a unique material list, anchoring points and a budget. The program does a real time stress analysis of the bridge (with colored elements) as cars or trucks roll over it including a simulation of its collapse if you screwed up.

When I was in college, I would have given my left, uh, arm for a program this sophisticated.

Bridge Constructor for iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (3rd generation), iPod touch (4th generation) and iPad on the iTunes App Store

Back
Top Bottom