Outdoor Cameras

Thanks to all for the input!! I have been totally impressed with my two cams I have. I will enjoy them, and I really don't need them for security reasons but are a great tool for activity around my place.

That is what I have them for too. My wife can check package delivery at the gate and we also have a motion doorbell there, so she can check on her entourage of pheasants as they hop over or run under the gate :)

That is what I have them for too. My wife can check package delivery at the gate and we also have a motion doorbell there, so she can check on her entourage of pheasants as they hop over or run under the gate :)

Exactly!!

I just installed 8 outdoor ReoLink hardwired (cat 6) cameras attached to a ReoLink POE NVR. It’s a 4k system. Paid $700 for the entire system
(a 4TB NVR plus 8 4k cameras) on Amazon. They have cheaper versions and ones with less cameras. Their software is excellent.

Very interested in a POE system. I researched this awhile back and it was absolutely exhausting. I’m looking to copy someone else’s solution. I got a Blink system as a patch.

By system do you mean a DVR and cameras?

Yeah but the recorder for a POE (power over ethernet) system is called an NVR (network video recorder). The camera power and signal are both transmitted via ethernet.

I would not get an NVR that powered the cameras.
That's putting all your eggs in one basket. Just get a POE switch and run the cameras off that.
I've had to replace a few of those and I would hate to have to replace the NVR because it was my all in wonder solution.

Great info. I think a hybrid system with wired and wireless cameras is what I’m really looking for.

Edit: No way I’m installing anything indoors.

Last edited:
Great info. I think a hybrid system with wired and wireless cameras is what I’m really looking for.

Edit: No way I’m installing anything indoors.

One thing I like about the eufy and wyze camera's I have is I have some inside the house NOT plugged in.

When we leave on a trip, I plug them in. They just work after being re-plugged in.
They give me a look inside the house, and if someone breaks in I will see doors or other 'tells' signify someone had been in.

I don't leave them plugged when we are in the house.

I'm not worried someone could (would be hard) to hack in to see inside my house to know I'm away. Much easier to knock on the door for 10 minutes, see no response...

One thing I like about the eufy and wyze camera's I have is I have some inside the house NOT plugged in.

When we leave on a trip, I plug them in. They just work after being re-plugged in.
They give me a look inside the house, and if someone breaks in I will see doors or other 'tells' signify someone had been in.

I don't leave them plugged when we are in the house.

I'm not worried someone could (would be hard) to hack in to see inside my house to know I'm away. Much easier to knock on the door for 10 minutes, see no response...

ok, that might work for me.

Back
Top Bottom