Outdoor pizza oven

mickj

Recycles dryer sheets
I bought the uuni 2s and really like it, I am going to sign up and buy this new uuni pro as well on indiegogo. This is a really great outdoor cooking option for a pizza oven; relatively inexpensive for what you get.

Check out Uuni Pro. The quad-fuelled outdoor oven on #indiegogo!
http://igg.me/at/uuni-pro

Here are some pics of some of the pizzas I have made IMG_1142.JPGIMG_1312.JPGIMG_2442.JPG

We absolutely love wood fired neopolitan pizza and yours look good, especially the middle pic. We've tried to recreate thin crust pizza at home with an oven and on the grill, but you just can't reproduce quite the same result IME.

I am sure I'd enjoy using one but between the cost of the unit and the fuel costs, it seems like an awfully expensive option vs going to a wood fired pizzeria (if there's one reasonably nearby). But I'll admit it costs less than I was guessing ($500-650), and there are certainly more costly indulgences - like boating or collector cars. Looks like fun!

Last edited:
I bought a Charbroil Patio Bistro with sorta the same idea, Pizza!

Got me a peel and a 14 inch Lodge cast iron pizza pan. Heat that sucker up to 650 and put a nice char on that crust that I love so much.

I had good luck with the egg and a stone too, but it takes a long time to heat the stone up and uses a lot of coals to do it. I'm thinking the lodge should be much faster.

WOW! Great looking pizza!

Is there any reason you cannot bake bread in the oven? I'm thinking of a 1/2 whole wheat, sour dough I like to make.

FWIW, I have a 3/8 inch pizza stone in my home oven. I put it on the top rack, heat the oven to its max temperature - 525 degrees, and let it get good and hot - a good 20 minute wait after the oven comes to temperature. It works pretty well, but it's not wood fired.

Last edited:
That pizza looks delicious!

My brother uses a cast iron pan to put a char on the crust and bakes it afterward to cook it through. It's a good cheap method.

The uuni is solidly built.

You can cook in the oven but to get the good Neapolitan style you need a higher temperature.

Thanks for the compliments on the pizza pics!

For me it really is the hobby aspect that I enjoy, it would be more cost effective in the short term to buy a good wood fired pizza from a restaurant when you have a hankering.

I bought a Charbroil Patio Bistro with sorta the same idea, Pizza!

Got me a peel and a 14 inch Lodge cast iron pizza pan. Heat that sucker up to 650 and put a nice char on that crust that I love so much.

Overall, do you like the Charbroil Patio Bistro? I have been looking at one for a while and am thinking about getting one once the Spring has sprung.

Fine gadget, but I don't see any reason to give up making pizzas on my Big Green Egg, which can do a myriad of other things.

Back
Top Bottom