Pairing Wine & Food

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...

Attachments

• wine-pairing-chart_510ff8a6ca58b.png
    wine-pairing-chart_510ff8a6ca58b.png
    111 KB · Views: 40
+1
I like pairing beer and food also. Or even wine and beer. Life's good... so many options! :)

How about a nice glass of water? Goes with any kind of food imaginable, satisfies thirst, delicious, healthy, and available free. :D

Attachments

• water.jpg
    water.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 39

Well, to a wine neophyte, I always appreciate any wine advice.

I realize that the best wine to serve with a certain food is whatever damn wine you like. :) .....but I also have had a wine class that specifically paired certain labels with certain cheeses, and there was a HUGE difference in the wine before and after you had the cheese pairing. They literally tasted completely different when paired with a specific cheese. And to someone like me who only knows a general basic (lighter wines with lighter dishes; heartier wines/reds with heartier/richer dishes), I have lots to learn.

Well, to a wine neophyte, I always appreciate any wine advice.

I realize that the best wine to serve with a certain food is whatever damn wine you like. :) ...

I also am confused by the 'tongue in cheek' comment. Agree, drink what you like, but there really are some pairings that just make sense for most of us. That chart is a decent guide (not rule!). No different than certain foods seem to go best with other foods (bacon & eggs, Corn Beef and cabbage, Steak and corn on the cob, etc).

A local brew-pub/restaurant has a brewer's dinner each quarter. They pair beers with a multi-course meal, and it is fantastic. The brewer and chef talk about how they corroborated on the pairings, and that adds a bit to the whole experience.

How about a nice glass of water? Goes with any kind of food imaginable, satisfies thirst, delicious, healthy, and available free. :D

Sure, and looking at pictures in a book is satisfying, and so much cheaper (free from library!) than those new-fangled, fancy plasma thingies with their moving pictures! All them plasmas 'an pixels, and high-frequency waves are probably bad for your health!

:D

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom