photogram: my gayborhood stonewall festival

Is this (the current state of this thread) what Dex was referring? If so, I agree wih him. It does seem a rather silly use of time.. and energy. (Of course, I could have.. again... missed the point.)

<<?? "heterosexist posts" ?? Move this thread to the SOAPBOX where it belongs; I would like you to show me examples of this... >>

I think you're doing fine on your own...or do you want me to quote you in the victoria's secret energy thread? :rolleyes:

If lazy requested that any replies (I believe he referred to them as diatribes, much like the one of his own which he promptly launched into...) be posted in the Soapbox, then his original posting belongs there, too. Just requesting consistency between the original posting and the considered replies. These gay pride demonstration photos are a Soapbox issue, not a few feel-good photos of the neighborhood block party. Lazy knows it , but feels like he can smugly avoid any responses by requesting that replies be banished to a different forum.

er, i think it was a parade...:angel:

I'm not trying to fan any flames, but want to point out pretty much 95% of this board is straight-hetero dominated jokes, puns, pictures, avatars and lazy's nice pictures of his neighborhood function get slammed as a political demonstration and his polite request to avoid attacks was ignored.

No more from me on the subject, but I do reserve the right to defend myself!

LG4NB, thanks for giving me the chance to learn a new term ("fag hag") ;-).

I am curious what the logic behind "No gay unions then no legal divorces" might be if you care to explain or provide a pointer. I'm not sure where I stand on the gay marriage issue except that I think it should be consistent across the US - which unfortunately it isn't at the moment - and I'm opposed to no fault divorce, but I don't see the logical connection between the two. I don't want to turn your photojournalistic thread into a political or moral debate; I am just genuinely curious.

2Cor521

you'll experience the rare instance of an oppressed crowd on a public street luxuriating in self-acceptance.

And that's a beautiful thing! Nice pictures and it looks like a lot of fun! Once a year my sister and her GF leave their quaint, conservative hometown and travel to the big city for the gay pride and they would not miss it. It's a time when they feel they can be who they truly are, in public, without being judged, derided or persecuted.

Nice pictures - I'm thinking of Florida /tampa-StPete / as a possible place when I escape the w*rk world, and that looked like fun. I shall miss the NYC parade for the first time in years this weekend - there is a babyshower for a young lesbian friend of the family. [and a POOL. and Trees! and all that 'life outside the city' stuff]

ta,
mews

see, now this is why i hang out here: lots of really good people. and this is why i use my ignore button when required for the infrequent others. now if only the forum could be tweaked a tad to prevent ignorees from posting on threads started by ignorors.

Maybe he'll cover the 4th of July parade next?

yes, i am going to be doing a july 4th series where i'll be flaunting action in the parking lots of gentlemen's clubs, inside bathroom stalls of str8 swinger bars and probably i'll photograph some dry humping heteros beached near where children play just before they set off fireworks. watch for my posted thread in the political soap box section.

Why Obama support? I guess I'm not surprised but I dont think his position on gay marriage is anything spectacular.

even a few gay spectators commented on the political bent of the parade and especially on the obamites. i suppose the politics at the parade can be justified, being a parade of pride in the face of oppression. but my comment was on the obama camp. though i like a lot of what he has to say on many social issues (if i was into guilt by association, well, i'd rather just use the ignore button judiciously), i still have a huge problem with all that chanting.

some brainwashed obamakid came over to us with handouts and tried, without success, to get us to chant along with them. i say brainwashed because you could see on his face that he could not comprehend that we would not chant with him. i only hear those who speak from their heart, not those who chant or chatter mindless.

I am curious what the logic behind "No gay unions then no legal divorces"

one is just as unreasonable as the other.

Last edited:
<<?? "heterosexist posts" ?? Move this thread to the SOAPBOX where it belongs; I would like you to show me examples of this... >>

I think you're doing fine on your own...or do you want me to quote you in the victoria's secret energy thread? :rolleyes:

quote]

Please do; there was nothing sexist in my responses.

I think this should be moved to the SOAPBOX because that is where lazy requested that replies be directed. If the responses belong there, the original post belongs there. Nothing homophobic about that.

lazy: thanks for posting the pictures. It makes me happy to see people having a great time, especially knowing how many of them face terrible discrimination elsewhere in their lives.

wyoming: [moderator edit]. Seriously. I'm normally not a confrontational person, but you're not contributing anything useful or helpful to this thread. And, unless you've made a habit of demanding that other threads be moved to the soapbox, and I happened to miss all of those posts, your statement that this particular thread belongs in the soapbox implies that you feel gay pride festivals are too 'controversial' to be seen in the regular forums, and that's just plain wrong.

Last edited:
I think this should be moved to the SOAPBOX because that is where lazy requested that replies be directed. If the responses belong there, the original post belongs there. Nothing homophobic about that.

It seems you have a reading comprehension issue in this instance. He posted a non-political thread and requested that if YOU were going to MAKE it into a political issue with your HYPERVENTILATING, that you not ruin everyone else's enjoyment, but instead rant about it in the Soapbox. It would seem you alone are determined to keep ruining the thread until it is closed or moved. How very neighborly of you.

Thanks for posting your photogram - it looks like great fun - and you obviously know how to throw a party!

Please, no more talk on whether this thread should be moved to the soapbox. It is not going to be moved.

I looked at whether to move the "political" discussion posts into another thread, but the posts just are not worthy of a separate thread.

even a few gay spectators commented on the political bent of the parade and especially on the obamites. i suppose the politics at the parade can be justified, being a parade of pride in the face of oppression. but my comment was on the obama camp. though i like a lot of what he has to say on many social issues (if i was into guilt by association, well, i'd rather just use the ignore button judiciously), i still have a huge problem with all that chanting.

some brainwashed obamakid came over to us with handouts and tried, without success, to get us to chant along with them. i say brainwashed because you could see on his face that he could not comprehend that we would not chant with him. i only hear those who speak from their heart, not those who chant or chatter mindless.

Ha brainwashed is exactly the right term. He's got quite a cult of personality going on. I think his true believers really must have been shocked you didnt want to join in, he is the messiah , didnt you know?

This is not to say Obama is a bad person or not, I disagree with him politically but it kind of boggled my mind that anyone would think a gay pride parade was a natural fit for his supporters. It's a gay pride parade, not an i heart Obama rally.

I looked at whether to move the "political" discussion posts into another thread, but the posts just are not worthy of a separate thread.

The posts aren't even worthy of t his thread.

yes, i am going to be doing a july 4th series where i'll be flaunting action in the parking lots of gentlemen's clubs, inside bathroom stalls of str8 swinger bars and probably i'll photograph some dry humping heteros beached near where children play just before they set off fireworks.

My goodness, you mean your city lets children set off the 4th of July fireworks?!?
Why, distracted by the heteros, the little dears might hurt themselves.
We must save the children!! :eek::eek::eek:

ta,
mews

<<<<the finale is our rainbow flag which is a few blocks long, because, as you might have guessed, we like'm big.>>>>>

Oh will you stop that goodfornothing:D:D:D:D

my first fabulous. fabulous!

<<<<the finale is our rainbow flag which is a few blocks long, because, as you might have guessed, we like'm big.>>>>>

Oh will you stop that goodfornothing

oops, did i get campy. sorry. i got carried away by the parade. as they say: i hate size queens but i love their boyfriends.

It's a gay pride parade, not an i heart Obama rally.

yes & no. while generally just another reason to party and not specifically political, rather more a matter of celebrating both individual self-worth and hard-fought inclusion into society-at-large, by the nature of how society works, gay pride parades do acknowledge political gain. how can we not when it was politics (often justified by tax-exempt religion) which has oppressed us. so of course the braver local politicians march in our number. i was surprised to not see the Log Cabin Republicans - Home marching this year. but the obamites could have been expected. even the property appraiser marched with us. as i told one politician handing out candy, if you want our vote, you're going to have to toss more beads.

Gay Pride events around the world: A to Z!

in the world where i grew up, even my own friends would have turned against me had i tried to leave the closet back then. they don't say that now and i've discussed this with some. now they say they would have accepted me even in those times. but when i tell them i understand and that i'm ok that this not true, they fall silent. some of them when we were little kids even used the word "kike" when they'd forget for a moment that i was jewish. while i didn't hear that all that much, i can not count how many times i heard my own friends use the "fag" word.

the world was different then. it is different now. maybe even some of you who would support me & my "agenda" now might even have stoned me 40 years ago. to see the world change within my lifetime, to see so many of you rally against some lowlife homophobe who would try to stuff me back into my closet, well, not even these words can express what it means to me to see such good change in the world.

thanx for marching with me. thank you for taking a stand.

YouTube - Here's Where I Stand - from CAMP

Wyoming, it appears that you are getting on the wrong side of some of the forum folks.

Hmmmm............the pot calling the kettle black...........interesting.............:D:D:D

Back
Top Bottom