Poll: Do you brew or buy your morning coffee?

How do you get your morning coffee?

• I (or SO) always brew or prepare my / our morning coffee at home.

Votes: 167 74.6%
  • Usually brew at home, once in a while buy already brewed.

Votes: 26 11.6%
  • I / we usually buy morning our morning coffee already brewed.

Votes: 6 2.7%
  • No coffee in for morning for me / us

Votes: 25 11.2%

• Total voters

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
A poll question for coffee drinkers. Do you make your first cup of morning coffee at home, or do you go out to buy it? There’s a new Dunkin Donuts near our house that I pass on my morning walk, and it does a brisk business. There are always cars in the drive - through.

I prefer to prepare my coffee at home and only buy brewed when we're traveling.

I rarely drink any coffee at all, and that only in a restaurant. DW needs a cup or two in the morning or she's, well I'll just say it's best not to be in her line of fire.:)

Buying coffee daily is such a waste of money. Unless we are traveling I make it myself. When I was working I set it up the night before and the first thing I did was hit that’ button:))

At home, fresh ground espresso latte, it's a whole deal.

When I was working I would run first thing before my coffee or shower. Now that I have the option? I get the coffee started before I feed the cats. Only when I've somehow run out of coffee or milk do I begrudgingly drive to starbucks instead.

At home. The nearest place to buy brewed coffee is ~15 miles away and it's a gas station. Nearest Starbucks is at least an hours drive.

Back in the dark days of "my working career", I had my first cup at the office. Had to brew it myself since I was always the first person in the office.

Last edited:
A poll question for coffee drinkers. Do you make your first cup of morning coffee at home, or do you go out to buy it? There’s a new Dunkin Donuts near our house that I pass on my morning walk, and it does a brisk business. There are always cars in the drive - through.

I prefer to prepare my coffee at home and only buy brewed when we're traveling.
When I first retired, I tried every brand of coffee sold by my supermarket just to see which was my favorite. It was Dunkin Donuts by far. So, for quite a few years I bought that brand at the grocery store, and prepared it at home in my Mr. Coffee.

But for the last year or two or three, I have changed my habits. I have been buying Maxwell House instant, and using hot water from my hot water kettle to make it. One of these days, I should make DD coffee again and see if I still like it better.

I detest Starbucks coffee almost as much as I detest the idea of driving to get it, before coffee... and the same goes for other coffee that I could go out and buy. I am almost inhuman before coffee. The closest Starbucks is 0.4 miles away from me but it's not worth the walk IMO.

If it were up to me, I would ban Dunkin Donuts as a hazard to navigation. I have never seen such poor drivers as those who are pulling in or out of that place.

1st cup is either from MCD or local coffee shop. LCS is morning bagel, eat at desk. If MCD coffee it breakfast burrito & eat at desk. 2nd cup is Keurig at the office. On occasion there is an afternoon Keurig cup

I will drink Starbucks. But mostly on free Starbucks cards for answering a survey. It takes me a month to use up a $20 SB card

I found my maximum cups/day is 5. I was a wreck that night

When I first retired, I tried every brand of coffee sold by my supermarket just to see which was my favorite. It was Dunkin Donuts by far. So, for quite a few years I bought that brand at the grocery store, and prepared it at home in my Mr. Coffee.

But for the last year or two or three, I have changed my habits. I have been buying Maxwell House instant, and using hot water from my hot water kettle to make it. One of these days, I should make DD coffee again and see if I still like it better.

I detest Starbucks coffee almost as much as I detest the idea of driving to get it, before coffee... and the same goes for other coffee that I could go out and buy. I am almost inhuman before coffee. The closest Starbucks is 0.4 miles away from me but it's not worth the walk IMO.

I can't figure out if it should be inhuman or unhuman, but I know exactly what you mean. My DH occasionally makes the mistake of trying to talk to me in the morning while I am standing in front of the Keurig with my hand on my coffee cup. I usually just have to look at him and he says never mind I'll talk to you later......so I make mine at home I wouldn't want to get a case of road rage driving to the coffee shop which is 10 miles away..

Even if I wanted to buy my morning coffee brewed, I'd need to brew and drink a cup to have my head together enough to go get it.

I grind and brew at home. I really like iced coffee so I bought a Toddy kit. A home made big iced coffee works out to about $ .50 same thing at Starbucks $3.95

Buying coffee daily is such a waste of money. Unless we are traveling I make it myself. When I was working I set it up the night before and the first thing I did was hit that’ button:))

I buy my coffee virtually every morning, and that includes my buttered bagel or the occasional egg sandwich. Yes, it clearly costs more than if I made it at home, but I don't see it as a waste of money. I enjoy going out each morning to one of the 4 regular spots I give my business to. Heck, that's part of the reason I enjoy my ER.

Kuerig for me most mornings. I'm not about to drive 1/2 mile to get a cup that isn't noticeably better

no coffee for me , now doctors orders !!!

but previously i would make it myself , first thing ( then do the usual stuff ) and maybe a second before leaving for work ( time permitting ) sometimes even a third one for the road ( if going by train using a travel cup to make it 'go ' )

has Brazil noticed i am , 'off the coffee ' yet :confused:

Not at home.

Don't drink coffee every day.

Usually at restaurants, where I prefer to order breakfast for my meal even if it's 5 pm.

Home brewed is the way to go

Brew two pots every morning: one for me, one for DW. There's no way I could face the horrors of the w*rkplace without my daily jolt. The steam engine may have created the Industrial Revolution, but I contend that the whole endeavor would have collapsed in a week without caffeine.

Did not vote.
I go out to breakfast 3x a week with friends, 3x per week the housekeeper prepares my breakfast and on Sunday my Wife prepares coffee and my son goes to the bakery. I am a big coffee drinker and the housekeeper serves me coffee everyday (but Sunday) at 2:30. On Sunday's I usually take the family out for coffee and dessert in the late afternoon, unless we have company and then the cook prepares it.

K cup made at home and carried out the door to meet my ROMEO group. Then I buy cup #2 at Burger King for $0.54. BK coffee is pretty lousy, but it's where I am between 7 - 9 AM.

I said I usually brew at home, but on days I go into the office I use a Melitta pour over coffee maker and brew my own coffee at the office! (I'm only in the office on average 2.5 days a week anyway.) I buy a cup once every month or two just as a treat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom