Poll: How many days a week do you charge something?

How many days a week are you charging some battery powered device?

• 5 days/week or more

Votes: 77 80.2%
  • 2-4 days/week

Votes: 11 11.5%
  • Once a week

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Less than once a week

Votes: 2 2.1%

• Total voters

Midpack

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Where it used to be charging batteries was an occasional task, I’ll bet a lot of people are charging laptops, tablets, smartphones, watches, earbuds etc. (almost) every day! Add lawn equipment, golf carts, cordless power tools, and everything else and I’m charging something almost every day…after I hit send, this iPad needs to charge. :blush:

Last edited:
I charge my phone daily. More than once a day actually as it’s old and I use it a lot.

Phone gets charged almost every day.

Yardwork tools once a week (Ryobi).

Cars every time I go to a market, restaurant or gym (all free).

Phone and iPad pretty much every day. Currently I have a Christmas string of lights that are battery operated (LED’s on a wreath) and they last about three evenings then I recharge those. I have a couple nice flashlights. One stays on a charging base which is a tender. The other one needs recharged every couple weeks. I use it to take the dog out at night. In the summer, I’m always charging my Ryobi 18v batteries as they run most of my yard equipment. Everything else is pretty infrequent. Things like remotes and wireless mice, etc.

I’ve moved to entirely rechargeable batteries except for one 9v I use in my no touch thermometer (forehead thermometer). It’s nice to not have to buy batteries or take the spent ones to the recycle center. Of course I still had to buy the rechargeable batteries, but they should last many years and many recharges.

Phone
Laptop
Kindle
Mr. A.'s hearing aids
Mr. A.'s electric razor (more like once every 3 days or so)

Other items (i.e. tools) are charged as needed.

Phone and watch every day.

Laptop most days.

For other small battery operated devices I use rechargeables except for my Nest smoke/CO sensors which won’t run on AA rechargeable batteries as the voltage is too low. Annoying but they are the only devices that I own that have this limitation.

Phone, watch and iPad every day. And I have several camera, drone, bicycle, gloves, workshop tool, AirPods, and yard tool batteries on charge whenever not in use.

Charge the laptop and phone every day.

Old phone was daily. New phone only every 3 days now.

It’s even changed how we use our homes? Our house has a small “butlers pantry” that’s become our charging station and bar. That way we know where all the chargers are and that’s where all our indoor devices charge. We let the butler go years ago, so we repurposed the space. ;)

Attachments

• Bramfield23.jpg
    Bramfield23.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Phone charged nearly every day.
Soon I'll have a new car that will be charging nearly every day.
Everything else - just occasionally (remotes, clocks, weather station)

I charge my cell phone and primary laptop(s) daily... UPS(s) are always being charged if there's AC power. Battery powered power tools are only charged "when they need it". My ICE vehicle batteries are being charged anytime I'm driving them :)))

Last edited:
I was charging my phone 7 days as often as I could at home and in the car, plus every overnight, but then I listened to streaming audio all night. I could not do that with out the charger. Obviously my battery was bad. So I bought a new one and attempted to change it. Something went wrong! I've been in electronics most of my life, this was routine for me, and I have no idea what went wrong, but the phone never came back to life.I swapped the old battery back in, still no life. Ah, since I'm in a position to BTD, I immediately went out and bought a new phone.
Now I can and do go two days without a charge! :)

I use a ryobi 18v battery type lantern as a nightlight in the bathroom during the day. So am leaving that on all night and charging during the night. Plus, have AA, AAA rechargeables on standby always charging.

24/7, I guess. My phone is always attached to the charger unless I take it out with me, which almost never happens. I also almost never use it when I am out, so the battery is almost always 100%. Maybe that means I actually almost never charge. Hard to say.

Phone nearly every day, laptop multiple times every day, electric razor most days. Lawn and snow removal equipment after every use.

Phone and watch, daily. My EGO outdoor tools are always charging. Same with my electric toothbrush.

Last edited:
Laptop and iPad daily
phones every couple days
DH charges misc. tool batteries about once a month

Kinda what I expected the results to be, although I know there are some late adopters here - evidently fewer than I might have guessed. We're charging something just about every day...

Phones and tablets are charged daily. Laptop is rarely used but stays connected to a charger.

We have charging pads for the phones on our nightstands, where we sit, and in the kitchen. This makes it easy to keep them charged.

I charge something to my credit card daily! :)

But, I charge:

1. My Fitbit Charge 5 fitness tracker once per week

2. My Motorola G Power cell phone is charged every third day

3. My Toshiba Chromebook is plugged in all the time so it stays charged

4. My electric toothbrush sits on a base with wireless charging constantly

5. All of DW's stuff (Apple products are charged daily and sometimes twice a day). She's "busy", I guess.

Back
Top Bottom