Poll:Of the $600 stimulus check, how much will you spend?

How much will you actually spend or donate?

• Zero, will save it all

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Will spend around $200 of it, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Will spend around $400 of it, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Will spend it all ...$600, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Might even spend more then $600 as I am quite stimulated

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 65 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a kid in college. Need I say more?

Yep, this one I'm talking about decided after 3 years of a good paying job, (but did hit a snag because of a company sale), decided to go back to school to become a dentist. So 4 years at $65k a year. I know we both complain, but are really happy we can do it. :dance: Only one year left :dance::dance::dance:

I am getting $600 and my out of pocket for my age 60 colonoscopy today is estimated to be between $535 and $600 so I figure mine will go to cover it. This whole year has been a pain in the ass so I feel it’s appropriate.

The last check was $1200 for my family and we spent it on a new washer and dryer. The adult kids returning home after job losses and remote learning smoked our old pair.

Last edited:
I wish there was a poll answer for “I won’t even be getting a stimulus check” :(

Stimulus money will go in the checking account and then shortly back out into the economy.

Shoot, I don't know. I may use it as justification to buy something I would have bought anyway. In other words, it will just help me feel a bit better about buying something I still would have purchased otherwise. This is what happened with the last stimulus check. It just gets mixed in with my other money, whereupon I largely forget about it.

I feel quite proud of myself for not using the word fungible in the above paragraph :LOL:

Don't believe we'll get one, but if by chance we do, it'll go to the local food bank.

If we get any we’ll split it between the kids. I’ll probably send another donation to our local food bank too.

I guess our taxes will simply go up by $600.00 to pay for it.

I wish there was a poll answer for “I won’t even be getting a stimulus check” :(

Other. Didn't get the previous wealth redistribution deal and won't get this one.

I'm going spend mine to create a lavish Pity Party for wealthy individuals that will not be getting a stimulus check. :D We'll have some dancing.:dance: And of course popcorn:popcorn: and a little drinking:flowers: only a little though I don't want anyone to wake up with a headache:facepalm:

my $1200 I tipped out much of it. $10 pizza and $20 tip. the few outside places we could go, we appreciated.

This thread is reminding me of the Christmas Newsletter thread...Bah Humbug!

Totally agree, very little income this year but last year didn't qualify when I working. Stimulus should totally be based on this years income as that is why the are giving this money away.

Totally agree, very little income this year but last year didn't qualify when I working. Stimulus should totally be based on this years income as that is why the are giving this money away.

You'll recover it on your income tax form. Stimulate away come April/May.

Its being given to people who need it more, I'm 100% positive they will stimulate the economy with it.

We hope to give this $600 each and more to relatives and others who need. Niece who works in the city has one or two projects a year that can use funding. There are also some patients we know who can use gift cash from time to time. Also, we support organizations like Doctors Without Borders.

As son said, this is nothing to us, but important to many. So we give it away.

If this legislation is like the CARES Act, the relief is an advance payment based on your 2020 income. It will be reconciled when you file your tax return. If you qualify but didn’t receive anything, it will be added to your return as a refundable credit. If you have higher, non-qualifying income in 2020 than your qualifying 2018/2019 income, you do not have to pay back the stimulus payment.

Your 2019 income (or 2018 if you haven’t yet filed a 2019 return) is used to determine the advance payment because there has to be a number. It’s probable that the majority of returns don’t move from qualified/non qualified from one year to the next.

DH and I are fortunate and do not qualify for a stimulus payment, and didn’t receive any. Hats off to those who receive an unneeded stimulus payment and choose to pass it on. That’s what we would do if a stimulus showed up in our account.

Welp... found a few loose tiles on our bathroom shower wall yesterday (the 16" travertine kind that would be rather annoying if they fall and wreck everything...or my head).

So I'll be happy if the repair job is covered by our checks at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom