Poll:Of the $600 stimulus check, how much will you spend?

How much will you actually spend or donate?

• Zero, will save it all

Votes: 54 33.8%
  • Will spend around $200 of it, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 6 3.8%
  • Will spend around $400 of it, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 4 2.5%
  • Will spend it all ...$600, spending I had not planned on

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • Might even spend more then $600 as I am quite stimulated

Votes: 13 8.1%
  • Other

Votes: 65 40.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even sure if I qualify this time around, but the last one almost all that I received was given to people that lost their jobs.

Not sure how they spent it etc. but I would think it helped someone and that money tricked down.

Won't get much, if any. Goes into the checking account with the rest of the deposits. More than outweighed by the plumbing leak at one of the rentals today...

Other - didn't qualify last time. Probably won't this time.

Hmmm...I think because of an inheritance and sale of a house last year, we may not qualify either. I did not consider this in the questions. But that good old "Other" choice is probably appropriate.

Perhaps some folks here will consider the Lsbcal charity? ;)

I got $3.50 for my first check
Next check will be zero...

I do dot see how this BS will make any difference and it is moving this country to an even greater welfare state

For the previous stimulus check, we decided to spend the cash on a high-end American-made bike rack. I’d probably not have blown my own dough, but felt good about injecting the cash back into the economy, and helping a small business. The bike rack has been great.

I imagine we’d do something similar with a new check (if we even receive one). I’ve been tipping the servers extravagantly at our favorite restaurants (takeout), since business has been down so dramatically. Maybe I’ll just continue to do that with the funds.

A whole six hundred bucks? Pocket jingle. Drop in the bucket. Already spent.

I got $3.50 for my first check
Next check will be zero...

I do dot see how this BS will make any difference and it is moving this country to an even greater welfare state

Well, since you are expecting $0, then $600 probably wouldn't make much of a difference, anyway. However, there are PLENTY of folks out there that could REALLY use the $$$, so I am in favor. I can't/won't discuss it further, otherwise Porky will surely make an appearance.

Personally, I am thinking of buying some gift certificates for some local businesses to donate.

Curious to see if the folks here will be stimulated. :)

I don't expect much stimulation on this group, but the question is how will it stimulate the economy and is that worth the cost to the debt that it adds.
$1200 may help some that are hurting, but it's so little it won't help for very long.

I will spend all $600 for myself and DW, but it's just an offset of money to withdraw out of savings, IOW my spending won't increase more than usual.

I'm actually embarrassed to say that $600 doesn't even register in the great scheme of things. Maybe THAT's the definition of "rich." I don't feel rich, just comfortable. Maybe more to the point, perhaps the definition of "poor" is when a $600 windfall is a big deal. I'm going to have to think on this for a while but YMMV.

It will be interesting to see if I get $600 for my dead father again. Hopefully, they've fixed this problem.

I wonder if this will be reconciled on the 2020 taxes along with the $1,200 stimulus? We didn't get the full amount based on 2019 taxes, but should qualify for the remainder based on 2020 taxes. I've yet to see anything in TurboTax that even addresses the earlier stimulus.

I put down Zero. Going to save it.

I may spend a little of it but I'd done my share of spending since the last stimulus. So, for me more like save that dough this time around :popcorn:.

I'm actually embarrassed to say that $600 doesn't even register in the great scheme of things. Maybe THAT's the definition of "rich." I don't feel rich, just comfortable. Maybe more to the point, perhaps the definition of "poor" is when a $600 windfall is a big deal. I'm going to have to think on this for a while but YMMV.

To my sister-in-law who lives on $900/mth in disability and has no savings, this is a big deal. It's a semi-big deal to my daughter since her husband (breadwinner) is getting ready to get laid off next month. The $300/week extended unemployment is a huge deal to my daughter who's store closed due to the pandemic.

My son, who just graduated college (with no job) could use the money, but he doesn't qualify because he is a "adult" dependent.

It's no big deal for me. I'm sure I'll give it to my kids like I did the last stimulus.

DW and I gave the last stimulus payment to our DSs. If we get another, it's also going to them.

A lot of us here have already received our stimulus check in the form of higher stock prices due to the expected legislation.

Hmmm...I think because of an inheritance and sale of a house last year, we may not qualify either. I did not consider this in the questions. But that good old "Other" choice is probably appropriate.

Perhaps some folks here will consider the Lsbcal charity? ;)

I imagine quite a few people here wouldn’t qualify.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom