Potential NFL Hall-of-Famers

Okay so where does Aaron Rodgers fall into the mix?

I agree with aaronc879. Aaron Rodgers gets in as soon as he's eligible.

As for HOF talent, I think Odell Beckham Jr. has it, but he got stuck with an ageing Eli Manning and a pretty poor offensive line that didn't give Manning the time to get the ball to Beckham.

Speaking of TEs, Antonio Gates?

Speaking of TEs, Antonio Gates?

I imagine Gates will make the HOF the first year that he's eligible. Sixteen years in the league--all with the Chargers. Only seven fumbles during those sixteen years. (As a point of reference, I knocked over my plastic water glass a total of 12 times in 2014).

How about field-goal kicker, Adam Vinatieri? He's been in the league for 23 years and is second in all-time scoring.

Last edited:
I imagine Gates will make the HOF the first year that he's eligible. Sixteen years in the league--all with the Chargers. Only seven fumbles during those sixteen years. (As a point of reference, I knocked over my plastic water glass a total of 12 times in 2014).

How about field-goal kicker, Adam Vinatieri? He's been in the league for 23 years and is second in all-time scoring.

Absolutely Gates is a given. I would be hesitant to put any kicker in the HoF. Not first ballot and would probably have to be a slow year to get a nod.

As for HOF talent, I think Odell Beckham Jr. has it, but he got stuck with an ageing Eli Manning and a pretty poor offensive line that didn't give Manning the time to get the ball to Beckham.

At least 5 years away from considering Odell.

Absolutely Gates is a given. I would be hesitant to put any kicker in the HoF. Not first ballot and would probably have to be a slow year to get a nod.

Vinatieri and Gostkowski may ultimately have the stats to get a nod into the HOF.

... I would be hesitant to put any kicker in the HoF. Not first ballot and would probably have to be a slow year to get a nod.

Vinatieri and Gostkowski may ultimately have the stats to get a nod into the HOF.

Once again, Vinatieri has been in the league 23 years. He's second in all-time scoring. He's 45 years old. I've run Vinatieri's numbers in FIRECALC. It shows that he has a 98% success rate of getting into the NFL HOF (100% in a slow year).:)
Wow, you guys are a tough room.:)

Is O.J. still in there or did he get booted when he became a bad boy? :facepalm:

Another question:

Can someone get booted out based on later-in-life issues?

(I'm a baseball guy and don't follow the NFL stuff closely)

I looked it up: He's still in the Pro Football HoF. (I guess with all his street cred, he's just too big to[-] fail [/-] get booted out).

"If O.J. Simpson wants to attend the annual Pro Football Hall of Fame enshrinement ceremonies, he will be allowed to when he is officially released from prison after being paroled on Thursday.
Per ESPN's Jeff Legwold, Simpson has a standing annual invitation as a member of the Pro Football Hall of Fame.
"All Hall of Famers are invited to attend the annual enshrinement," Hall of Fame officials told Legwold."

I looked it up: He's still in the Pro Football HoF. (I guess with all his street cred, he's just too big to[-] fail [/-] get booted out).

He has never actually been convicted of murder. He was convicted of something relatively lesser.

I believe the NFL stance is that players/coaches in the hall based on what they did on the field. Otherwise it becomes a slippery slope; there are a number (like Lawrence Taylor and Michael Irvin) who would also have to be kicked out.

You also have the potential that some may claim any post-career issues where the result of football-related injuries (the CTE situation) and that should not count against the player. Junior Seau had multiple instances of alleged domestic violence before he committed suicide, should that have counted against him.

How about "big Ben" from the Steelers? He's don pretty well during his career.

I'm not the expert here, but I figure "Big Ben" gets in soon as he's eligible.

Now maybe you can help me out with a math problem. I'm, at this very second, have a Pigskin Pick'em rank of 164 which puts in in the very top grouping (also called 100% grouping). Using 164 and 100% can it be determined how many entries are playing Pigskin Pick'em? And if so, how many are playing?

Now maybe you can help me out with a math problem. I'm, at this very second, have a Pigskin Pick'em rank of 164 which puts in in the very top grouping (also called 100% grouping). Using 164 and 100% can it be determined how many entries are playing Pigskin Pick'em? And if so, how many are playing?

Uhhhh :confused: .....I'm an engineer, not a math major. :blush:

It might give the league office folks heartburn, but I think Bill Belichick should be in. Third all time in regular season wins as coach, first in playoff wins, 7 super bowl rings (5 as head coach), 8 AFC championships.

Vinatieri is actually Number 1 in all-time NFL points as of a couple of weeks ago.

Uhhhh :confused: .....I'm an engineer, not a math major. :blush:

OK, I thought that engineers had to take a class in arithmetic. But, maybe you have a friend that took a math class and you could ask him/her:confused:

It might give the league office folks heartburn, but I think Bill Belichick should be in. Third all time in regular season wins as coach, first in playoff wins, 7 super bowl rings (5 as head coach), 8 AFC championships.

No doubt about it--he gets in. He certainly deserves it.

OK, I thought that engineers had to take a class in arithmetic. But, maybe you have a friend that took a math class and you could ask him/her:confused:

I didn't take arithmetic, I had 5 courses in calculus. I do have a friend who does "math". I'll get back to you later next week on that.:cool:

Oh, looks like Ben just took a few notches off his HOF point total with the bad pass (interception to lose the game) in the 4th quarter at the goal line. Ugly stuff. :facepalm:

Vinatieri is actually Number 1 in all-time NFL points as of a couple of weeks ago.

He gets in, not just due to points but also because he has made clutch kicks that have won playoff games and Super Bowls.

He gets in, not just due to points but also because he has made clutch kicks that have won playoff games and Super Bowls.

Morten Anderson getting in further smooths the path for him.

Back
Top Bottom