Problem adding an attachment in email

veremchuka

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
irradiated - too close to the nuclear furnace
I have done this in the past but I can't now. Same pc, same email client, same ISP, just doesn't work now.

My ISP is ATT, I have DSL the lowest speed, I use web based Yahoo! Mail, my browser is Firefox 3.6.24.

When I compose an email and click on the "attach" icon, it opens a window that I can chose whatever I want to attach, in this case it's an Open Office doc (doesn't work with pictures or a MS word doc I have either) then I click on the document to highlight it and chose select or open (either works) but then the result is the attachment has a red triangle with an ! in it next to the attachment and in red it says "1 files can't be sent". Next to that it gives the option of try again, remove all or report a problem.

No matter what I select to attach I get this error. I have "tried again" many times with the same results. I reported the problem 5 days ago and heard nothing so far and wonder if I ever will. In the mean time I can't send a word doc I need to.

If I click on send I get a message that says “There were problems uploading some of your attachments. Please remove them from the attachments list and try again ” and it will not send the email.

I used Yahoo! Help but it tells me nothing. I'm stymied. :(

Any ideas?

I tried to send some photos to my daughter yesterday using Yahoo mail and couldn't get the attachments to load. Sounds like the problem is on Yahoo's end.

I tried to send some photos to my daughter yesterday using Yahoo mail and couldn't get the attachments to load. Sounds like the problem is on Yahoo's end.

Really! Uh, I thought it was me, maybe not.

Anyone else have this problem or if you have ATT Yahoo! mail could you see if you could attach anything in an email or do you too have a problem?

Thank you.

I don't have AT&T but I do have a Yahoo account. No problem with attachments so it is fixed or not system wide.

Since no one replied that they have this problem (still), maybe this is moot but I found the solution!

FYI - if you use ATT Yahoo email (and maybe Yahoo that is not through ATT?) there is a new version of the Yahoo email software. I used this link https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx and via a chat I found this out and the rep guided me to do an update. This solved my problem. If you have a problem with Yahoo try the link and see if an upgrade helps.

Thank you HueyLD at BH for the info. :flowers:

FYI - if you use ATT Yahoo email (and maybe Yahoo that is not through ATT?) there is a new version of the Yahoo email software. I used this link https://pattta.att.motive.com/netagent/questionnaire_c2c_dsl_sw.aspx and via a chat I found this out and the rep guided me to do an update. This solved my problem. If you have a problem with Yahoo try the link and see if an upgrade helps.
Why use AT&T's stuff at all? You could skip it and not get stuck with their tool bars or whatever else they install in your browser. Try another browser (e.g. Firefox or Chrome if your AT&T browser is IE) and see if you like using Yahoo/Yahoo Mail "naked."

I have a Yahoo email account and ATT uses another version of Yahoo, they are separate. I prefer the ATT version, I like the product (web based email) vs Outlook Express (downloading email to your pc). I do use Firefox, I'd never use IE!

For whatever reason my ATT Yahoo email just failed to attach but I asked someone I know late yesterday that also has it to do an attachment in their email and for them it is working! I use Vista, they use Xpert, we both use Firefox so I can't explain why this was a problem for me but the upgrade did resolve it. I mentioned the fix in case others have issues.

Back
Top Bottom