H&R Block, How to Save as PDF?

38Chevy454

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
This year I moved from Turbo Tax to H&R Block (no thanks to Fidelity). Overall I think TT is a bit easier to use than HRB. Maybe it's just my familiarity with TT, but I think next year I may go back to TT. But that's not the point for this thread.

I am not able to figure out how to save the return as a pdf in HRB. When i click to save as pdf, the HRB program tells me I have to install some "PDF995 software", which I can find in my HRB program files. I have tried to open that "Go To Install PDF995", and it goes to a "Install PDF File" shortcut. However double clicking it, or right clicking and opening it, won't work or at least I am not able to save as a pdf. Can anyone please help me what to do to save my return as a pdf file? I have saved as a .T23 file which is the HRB tax program file. I just want to also have a pdf of the tax return.

I feel like such an idiot :duh: that can't do a simple save as pdf. In TT it was easy-peasy, but HRB program is not cooperating with me. Thanks for any help.

This year I moved from Turbo Tax to H&R Block (no thanks to Fidelity). Overall I think TT is a bit easier to use than HRB. Maybe it's just my familiarity with TT, but I think next year I may go back to TT. But that's not the point for this thread.

I am not able to figure out how to save the return as a pdf in HRB. When i click to save as pdf, the HRB program tells me I have to install some "PDF995 software", which I can find in my HRB program files. I have tried to open that "Go To Install PDF995", and it goes to a "Install PDF File" shortcut. However double clicking it, or right clicking and opening it, won't work or at least I am not able to save as a pdf. Can anyone please help me what to do to save my return as a pdf file? I have saved as a .T23 file which is the HRB tax program file. I just want to also have a pdf of the tax return.

I feel like such an idiot :duh: that can't do a simple save as pdf. In TT it was easy-peasy, but HRB program is not cooperating with me. Thanks for any help.

I've used H&R Block for years but switched to Turbo Tax a couple years ago. Thinking of going back to H&R Block.

Anyway, I think the trick is to "print" the file as if you were going to print a paper copy but select print as PDF (or some similar wording) for the printer. Navigate to the folder you want to save it in and "print." Essentially you are printing a PDF file to your hard drive.

Yes, if you already have PDF capability, just ignore the Install prompt. I selected my existing PDF "printer" and printed to a file without any problems even though I got the Install prompt too.

In my case, H&R Block install automatically installed PDF995. So I use it from any print dialog; from any program, I select the print option, and the default is my HP Laserjet, but I click the drop-down and replace the printer with PDF995 and hit go. Then it supplies a dialog where I'm able to specify what directory to save the file into.

Thanks for the info. Been busy working outside all day. I'll try the suggestions later and hopefully be successful.

I see a few ways to save or print to PDF within HRB software.

There is a print icon on the row to the right of the HR Block logo. Click it and a drop down menu that includes PDF955 and MS Print to PDF.

On the windows command line you can select File/Save As PDF or File/Print.

I see a few ways to save or print to PDF within HRB software.

There is a print icon on the row to the right of the HR Block logo. Click it and a drop down menu that includes PDF955 and MS Print to PDF.

On the windows command line you can select File/Save As PDF or File/Print.

I was able to save as pdf using the MS Print to PDF option. Still can't figure out why the PDF995 does not show up or work. But problem solved sing the MS Print to PDF function.

Thanks to all who replied helping me.

I did not know what PDF955 was or how it got on my list of print options. I avoided it for a long time but at some point I chose it accidentally and it seemed to work well. Digging in a bit more I see there is a suite of <free> products available including PDF editors which could be very handy since I am NOT willing to pay Adobe subscription fee just to edit a .pdf every once in a while

Back
Top Bottom