Put the ER Forum in your Will Instructions

T

TromboneAl

With the recent concern over UncleMick's fate, I've been thinking that for most of us, if we died or became vegetables, no one on this forum would know what happened. That is, the posts would stop and no one else would know whether we'd croaked, gotten sick of computers, or just didn't want to post anymore.

So maybe we should put a note somewhere "If I die, post a note (pictures optional) at http://early-retirement.org/forums."

Of course you might say that the only point is to satisfy the curiosity of the other forum members, and the forum isn't that important. However, this really is a community and the members do care.

TromboneAl said:
With the recent concern over UncleMick's fate, I've been thinking that for most of us, if we died or became vegetables, no one on this forum would know what happened. That is, the posts would stop and no one else would know whether we'd croaked, gotten sick of computers, or just didn't want to post anymore.

So maybe we should put a note somewhere "If I die, post a note (pictures optional) at http://early-retirement.org/forums."

Of course you might say that the only point is to satisfy the curiosity of the other forum members, and the forum isn't that important. However, this really is a community and the members do care.

Very good suggestion Al.

And for what it's worth, please ask your beaver to do the same. Sure hate to spend my twilight years wondering what ever happened to him if he got whacked by a falling tree or something. (I say "he"...has the gender of the beaver ever been definitively established?) 8)

REW

Rats! Seeing the subject line made me think that T-A was going to create an endowment for the forum! :p ::)

TromboneAl said:
With the recent concern over UncleMick's fate, I've been thinking that for most of us, if we died or became vegetables, no one on this forum would know what happened.  That is, the posts would stop and no one else would know whether we'd croaked, gotten sick of computers, or just didn't want to post anymore.

Of course you might say that the only point is to satisfy the curiosity of the other forum members, and the forum isn't that important.  However, this really is a community and the members do care.

You know, I've thought about this also. People will come and go and
it would be nice to know what happened to them. After I started posting,
Ted departed, but he announced it in detail here. It is frustrating when a
regular just disappears.

JG

I belong to another close-knit online group - we've known each other for 7-8 years, and have done the same thing. All the DH's know to let us know if there is a problem or serious health issue. In fact one person was hospitalized and we would never have known if her DH had not been given strict orders!

If I quit posting it's probably because one of the other members shot me.  I'll leave a list of suspects with someone I trust.   :D :D :D

REWahoo! said:
"Short" you as in a stock, a sheet, or an electrical outlet? :D :D :D :D

REW
Pick on me for a typo. You're definately going on the list. :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom