Quicken 05-Downloading

Lancelot

Full time employment: Posting here.
H E L P!

I just downloaded Quicken 2005 (al the way to Bangkok!), upgrading my old QW 2001.

All my data transfered ok, but I have a "Down Loading" issue. With QW 2001, I entered all of my transactions manually. Now I want to use "One Step Update" to download all of my Vanguard transactions, directly into my QW registers.

Here is the problem: I have several Vanguard mutual funds spread over four different accounts. In other words, my four Roll Over IRA mutual funds share one account number; my five taxable funds share one account number, etc. I setup each mutual fund to list transactions in to it's own register. All the "registers" are combined into one Quicken account.

The problem is, when I order a one step update, all the transactions for the five taxable accounts are dumped in to one register (Vanguard Energy. ) Same for the IRA, Roth IRA. Only my Vanguard Brokerage account works the way I want it to, since all stocks are contained in one account.

I email Vanguard and they tell me I can use the "Direct method" (What I am using now I think) or switch to "Web Entry." As I understand it, to use Web Entry, I must create seperate Quicken accounts. To me that seems like adding an unnecessary level of complexity.

Any one else have this problem? Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks inadvance,

Lance

Back
Top Bottom