Real men dont go to botanical gardens pics

mathjak107

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
One of the things our photography hobby did is get me to go to places id never go. the thought of me in a botanical gardens or an art museum was rediculious to me. no blood or broken bones to hold my attention...
now i find we spend our time going all around and spending our time actually photographing these things
MCJ_7349wtmk.jpg

MCJ_7361wtmk.jpg

MCJ_7365wtmk.jpg

MCJ_7248wtmk.jpg

MCJ_6373wtmk.jpg

MCJ_6375wtmk.jpg

DSC_3203wtmk.jpg

Real Men Don't ?
I wouldn't go that far.
Not exactly on photo shooting subject but:
I just heard about a craft beer fest being held at the botanical gardens in Huntsville, Al.
I just may have to attend the garden scene :LOL:

Great pictures by the way.
Steve

BEER FEST. now theres a real reason men go to botanical gardens.

Beautiful pictures. I can't wait for my new camera to get here so I can start taking lots of pictures.

Real men don't photograph butterflies either! Well - my husband, fortunately, ignored that one. And it seems plenty of other butterfly photographers are men.

Are they "real men" though? I only know that my husband sure is...... LOL!

We both love doing macro photography - it's so amazing! He uses a 180mm macro lens to shoot dragonflies as well as butterflies. And occasionally he has to shoot a flower too!

Audrey

BTW - really nice sharpness and fine detail on your subjects.

bugs are cool. boys like bugs...llol

Yeah - but a lot of boys don't consider butterflies to be "bugs".

Audrey

I've got a photo of a praying mantis that I took. It is so close up it fills the frame. Wild looking creature up close like that. Now kids, boys and girls seem to like that one. For different reasons, I suppose. Going by the fact you may get laughs or screams, never know.
Steve

Backyard snapshots.

Attachments

• IMG_1082b.jpg
    IMG_1082b.jpg
    538.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1071b.jpg
    IMG_1071b.jpg
    519.5 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1096b.jpg
    IMG_1096b.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 3
Great photos!

And now that digital makes it less expensive, shoot away!

BUT - on each outing, don't forget to take a snapshot of the person or people you are with also. Do it each time.

When we break out the photos and old movies from sixty years ago at my FIL's house, I want to see what the people looked like. I don't want to watch ten minutes of ducks swimming in a pond.....

FWIW.

Kindest regards,
spncity

When we break out the photos and old movies from sixty years ago at my FIL's house, I want to see what the people looked like. I don't want to watch ten minutes of ducks swimming in a pond.....

I have an otherwise dear friend who offered to show me his slide show of a trip to Wyoming. Sure I wanted to see that but all it was was seemingly hours of road signs, ending with, "you are entering Wyoming."

I can't let a thread on macro photography go by without bragging on my husband's amazing insect photography. Here's a cheery hello from a Cardinal Meadowhawk. It was the cover for his Dragonflies 2009 calendar.

080626_U1E37676-800.jpg

Audrey

excellent, i looooove it....... nice focus ,the wings are so cool

dh2b at large in Portland ME, trying out the new digital camera.
I'm allowed to use it once in a while. ;)

Attachments

• PA120064crop.jpg
    PA120064crop.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 9
OK, One more from DH's collection. Because IMO he really is a master at the butterfly shots.

My favorite Great Spangled Fritillary shot - great name for a butterfly, huh? Yeah, check out them spangles! (the white spots - they are also shiny) Flower head on the purple coneflower gives a good sense of scale.

070623_U1E22115-800.jpg

Audrey

You photographers should definitely frame these photos! Just beautiful, and thanks so much for sharing! I showed these to my mother while I looked at them (she's 91 today), and really enjoyed looking at them. Again, thanks! And frame them!

Back
Top Bottom