Reason 538 Why Being FIREd Beats Working

tangomonster

Full time employment: Posting here.
Not having an employer means you can hang up all the Dilbert cartoons you want, unless this poor guy who got the other type of fired when his employers said he was engaging in miconducting by insulting his bosses (by hanging a Dilbert cartoon that says it seems that decisions are made in his company by drunken lemurs and the other replies that decisions are amde by people who have time, not talent):

FOXNews.com - Judge Sides With Man Fired for Posting 'Dilbert' Comic in Office - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Some folks have no sense of humor!

I certainly wouldn't want to work a that place.

Wait one...

I mean I wouldn't want to work at a place like that.

No, wait...

I definitely wouldn't want to work at any place.

Now I remember why I'm happy all the time.
:)

Scott Adams has a great marketing opportunity to pay this guy's legal fees...

Some folks have no sense of humor!

Like my former employer! I've always meant to post about this.

We were trying to get a government contract to train disabled people to perform janitorial services in government buildings. The person in charge of writing the grant and meeting with the people kept using the slogan "We can do it!" in trying to convince the deciders that our agency was capable of handling the contract. She hung up a poster of Rosie the Riveter (you know, the famous one from WWII, with a woman raising her fist). The President of the company made her take it down because she felt it was an obscene gesture!

That's the mentality I worked with! And that is reason 539 why I FIREd!

The bottom line is that you can fire someone for having a Dilbert cartoon up at work but probably are not going to be able to take away their unemployment. I can't believe they objected to his unemployment claim.

It has been so long since I worked for money that I have forgotten how awful it can be. A few days ago I was reading in the newspaper room of the downtown library. There were three very helpful women on duty. I watched two different types of a-holes abuse them in succession, in the space of one hour. I was sitting close enough that I could hear their conversation between episodes. They hardly reacted, leading me to believe that what I saw (which would have made me mouth off strongly) all in a days' work for them.

First abuser was the wanna-be important executive type. "Why is this taking so long? I have to catch a ferry back to Bainbridge! Where is that woman:confused: Can’t you hurry? Don’t you even have that newspaper? Most of these things he shouted across the reading room.

Next abuser was a typical low class guy who couldn't understand using the printer, and who had no time for explanations because he didn't want to miss his bus and have to wait in the rain. He lives in Seattle, he travels by bus, yet rain holds terror for him? He punctuated his complaints with lots of loud cursing.

When I got up to leave I thanked them for helping me. They looked stunned.

I added librarian to the list of jobs that I am glad I never had to do.

Ha

I added librarian to the list of jobs that I am glad I never had to do.

I tried creating a list of jobs I would be willing to do. I need to own my schedule and not deal with anybody I don't like. It's a very short list. :)

I tried creating a list of jobs I would be willing to do. I need to own my schedule and not deal with anybody I don't like. It's a very short list. :)

If anybody comes up with a job like that let me know!

For 7 blissful months I was allowed to take my (then) new dog/puppy to work. She stayed in my office. I would get calls from headhunters trying to get me to go to another job. I would always ask about the bringing-pets-to-work policy at the new job. They just laughed and said I was rooted in place. When the office admin complained about my having a dog at work (it was against the rules! - she actually liked having the dog there) I was told No More Dog. I found another job but never another one where I could bring my dog to work.

When I called the headhunters about a new job I requested one that had high pay/no responsibility/short hours. No luck there either.

Mike D.

I had this cartoon of Dogbert by my desk for a loooong time at w*rk. It p*ssed off a few people, but most laughed.

BTW, those who were p*ssed off, were the ones possessed by the demon of stupidity!!! :D

Attachments

• stupidity_1170973245.jpg
    stupidity_1170973245.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7

You're easy to please! I need all that, and also need to be able to wear comfortable clothes and to have control over my work environment (temperature and noise level, for example)

ER is going to suit me just fine. :D

Just this week, co-workers were asking my opinion about an issue I had w*rked on 2 years ago. This weeks "beating a dead horse" came up in the conversation.

Back
Top Bottom