Recharegeable Battery

tomz

Recycles dryer sheets
My FIL has a Black & Decker drill that uses a 13.2 v battery. The original battery no longer works and he bought a new charger that charges 8.4 - 14.4 v NiCad batteries. However, he can't find 13.2 v batteries. I can get them on Amazon, but am wondering if he got a 14.4 v battery if that would make any difference. (14.4 v batteries are much more common). From the picture, it looks like the batteries are the same size. Is the difference between a 14.4 and 13.2 battery that significant in something like a drill?

I figured with all the engineers on this forum, someone could answer this. Thanks.

Of course it would help if I could spell rechargeable correctly.

I'm an ME, but I'll take a stab at it. All NiCad battery packs are basically groups of 1.2 volt batteries hooked in series. So the difference is just one more battery. I'd say if there is room for the 14.4 volt pack, it should be electrically compatible with the drill.

That said, you can get a nice Ryobi drill at Home Depot for cheap.

Thanks for the replies. He's had the drill for awhile and really likes it. I don't think the Sears battery will fit, but I'm going to go to Sears, Homedepot, or Lowes and see what I can find. The charger is a universal charger so if the 14.4v battery fits in the charger, it should fit in the drill. I can only get the 13.2 online and if it doesn't work, returning it to a brick and mortar store would be easier than returning it to an online store. I appreciate the responses.

That said, you can get a nice Ryobi drill at Home Depot for cheap.

I love the Ryobi One Plus tools. Same battery can be used in a dozen different tools, including cordless yard tools. And the batteries are available in both NiMH and Lithium.

I love the Ryobi One Plus tools. Same battery can be used in a dozen different tools, including cordless yard tools. And the batteries are available in both NiMH and Lithium.

I got my first Ryobi when I went to buy a new battery for my Milwaukee cordless drill and realized that I could get a new drill with two batteries for the same price as the replacement Milwaukee battery.

Back
Top Bottom