Recycling laser printer toner cartridges ?

omni550

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have a Brother monocolor laser printer for which I buy the high yield toner cartridges which seem to last me forever.

I just replaced the cartridge and am trying to remember how I handled these previously. I seem to recall that HP included some sort of pre-paid return address label for recycling, but there's no such enclosure in the box.

For a while, a few years ago, there was some start-up franchise locally that was refilling cartridges. I seem to recall a chameleon or some-such critter in their ads...but I haven't run across any such ads lately. Perhaps they've gone defunct?

Anyhoo...what do y'all do with your empty laser toner cartdridges to keep them out of the landfill. Of course, in LBYM style, getting some cash in return would be nice. ;)

omni

I've tried using recycled laser cartridges on my cheap Brother printer, however they just have not worked well.

I just go on Amazon and order new cartridges.

I've tried using recycled laser cartridges on my cheap Brother printer, however they just have not worked well.

I just go on Amazon and order new cartridges.

Thanks, Bamaman.

Good to know. I was wondering how well the recycled ones worked...and now I know. :nonono:

I've had my brother printer for ~10 years and it just keeps chugging away. Never had any problems. So I was not tempted to try saving a few bucks with a recycled cartridge. (I'm simply intersted in keeping my used cartridge out of the landfill.)

omni

Back
Top Bottom