Red State Views

saluki9 said:
OldMcDonald said:
Yea...and they are usually living in a trailer in a red state...

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic. When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons.

Just to be clear, a lot of folks who vote republican, and the current republican administration...are NOT conservatives. They're people who get excited about one of the hot button planks the republican party has adopted, such as religion, abortion, guns, etc.

None of those are traditional conservative political planks.

Traditional conservatives are for smaller government, support of business, limited social programs, lower taxes, keeping our countries nose out of other countries businesses, strong defense, strict interpretation and support of the constitution and the bill of rights, etc.

A few of these so-called "red state" voters think they're electing the pope, not a president.

As a long time conservative voter, I see very little of what I want to vote for in this president or the current incarnation of the republican party. These guys are not "conservative" at all and their voters arent either. They're voting for a religious pro gun anti abortion anti homosexual that says "nucular", just like they do.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
saluki9 said:
OldMcDonald said:

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic. When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons.

Just to be clear, a lot of folks who vote republican, and the current republican administration...are NOT conservatives. They're people who get excited about one of the hot button planks the republican party has adopted, such as religion, abortion, guns, etc.

Traditional conservatives are for smaller government, support of business, limited social programs, lower taxes, keeping our countries nose out of other countries businesses, strong defense, strict interpretation and support of the constitution and the bill of rights, etc.

A few of these so-called "red state" voters think they're electing the pope, not a president.

As a long time conservative voter, I see very little of what I want to vote for in this president or the current incarnation of the republican party. These guys are not "conservative" at all and their voters arent either. They're voting for a religious pro gun anti abortion anti homosexual that says "nucular", just like they do.

:LOL:

Pretty good characterization, I laughed out loud.

Of course, you can say the same thing about how the core of the democratic party is not made up of "progressive" "liberals," but racist, politically correct, fascist-loving communists.

As I've said before, both parties suck ;)

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
saluki9 said:
OldMcDonald said:

Ah, the left's other favorite tactic.  When all else fails, just characterize conservatives as uneducated morons. 

Just to be clear, a lot of folks who vote republican, and the current republican administration...are NOT conservatives.  They're people who get excited about one of the hot button planks the republican party has adopted, such as religion, abortion, guns, etc.

As a long time conservative voter, I see very little of what I want to vote for in this president or the current incarnation of the republican party.  These guys are not "conservative" at all and their voters arent either.  They're voting for a religious pro gun anti abortion anti homosexual that says "nucular", just like they do.

You are one very wise rabbit.

Cool Dood said:

The repubicrats or the democans?

At this point, they're the same frickin' guys, once you take the handful of hot button issues away.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Cool Dood said:

The repubicrats or the democans?

At this point, they're the same frickin' guys, once you take the handful of hot button issues away.

My goodness - are we approaching a consensus in this so far worthless thread?

I vote for option D - all, or as near as I can see it's all of them, of our elected officials are egotistical fops with desires of elitism. They would sign a pact with the devil if it would get them re-elected to public office so they can enrich themselves at public expense. PJ O'Rourke wrote a book whose title summed it all up for me: "Parliament of Whores"

img_399345_0_8f82406fba341b515e83d1f77427641a.jpg

Ain't got no stinking trailer, it's a mobile home.

GWB's current bunch are not conservative and have been elected by the election shennigans of a certain Mr. Rove. . .  who isn't thru by any means.. Oh, and the awful candidates that the Dems put up helped the Republicans, too.

brewer12345 said:
Hmmm, somehow I can't help but think about the Afghan mess.  The Soviets spent, what?, 10 years throwing their considerable military against a bunch of tinpot warlords who I don't believe got material support from anyone.
Uhm, actually the U.S. spent a lot of money during those years giving STINGER missiles to the Taliban so that they could kick the Russian's assets for us.

I sure hope all those STINGERs got used...

Yep, it was dicey there for a while. As a newly minted 18 year old, I was pretty sure I'd be getting drafted to shoot russians over the talibans heads... :p

Eagle43 said:
GWB's current bunch are not conservative and have been elected by the election shennigans of a certain Mr. Rove. . . who isn't thru by any means.. Oh, and the awful candidates that the Dems put up helped the Republicans, too.

You are one very wise eagle.

Back
Top Bottom