Remember those car warranty calls?

Great!! I have gotten calls from these guys on my cell phone.

That's great. Those SOBs have called me repeatedly and I always dial 1 to speak to an operator and tell them to quit calling. They hang up.

I got two robo calls last night asking me to dial one or eight (to be removed from their list, apparently not good enough to be on the do-not-call list anymore--what's up with that? IMHO any response on my part keeps me on the list so I just hang up). One was for siding and one was for giving blood. Sooooo annoying.

Same here. Even to my gov't issued cell. I always press 1 and then put the phone down. Figure I'd burn their air time. Or, if I'm in a bad mood, I engage in playful banter with them ;-)

The requirement is part of amendments to the agency's Telemarketing Sales Rule (TSR) that were announced a year ago. After September 1, sellers and telemarketers who transmit prerecorded messages to consumers who have not agreed in writing to accept such messages will face penalties of up to $16,000 per call.

Why does it take so long for the feds to implement such rules? Seems like it gives the bad guys time to continue to operate and think up new ways to beat the system.

Back
Top Bottom