Revisiting Myers Briggs

I remember those reverse performance reviews also Think they had some acronym for them that has faded from my memory They did not last long at my mega corp either. Less than a year before they were out of vogue. And for the same reason.
Just stray thought as i do keep in contact with a few still working there: there are a lot more independent contractors being hired and the relatively young and inexperienced are leaving at an even more rapid rate than the already fast pace i recall. So, in another generation, say 15 to 25 yrs, maybe less, will there be only contractors and to the extent feasible, robots of various types and complexities? In that environment, perhaps INTJ's are the best for leadership anyway.

So, in another generation, say 15 to 25 yrs, maybe less, will there be only contractors and to the extent feasible, robots of various types and complexities? In that environment, perhaps INTJ's are the best for leadership anyway.

There were mostly contractors at my last job initially. Most the smart people went into contracting and got paid by the hour, which was my goal. I took a full-time job so to make it easier to get a mortgage than being self employed. My promotion into management discussion went like this:

Me: I don't really want to be a manager.
Megacorp: You have to - we don't have anyone else.

They were really growing at the time and didn't want contractors managing contractors and I had to pay my mortgage so I didn't have a lot of choice, but I did leave eventually and go into 1099 kind of work, made more per hour and was a lot happier.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom