RIP Sir Nicholas Winton

I saw the 60 minute segment that was done on him. He was a good person. RIP Sir Nicholas Winton.

When you hear about people making a difference, Sir Nicholas Winton is up towards the very top of the list.

+1 I watched it also. Very good person indeed and lived to the age of 106. RIP.

I saw the 60 Minutes piece also and read a bit more on the guy. It must be gratifying to die at old age, knowing you made a huge difference.

What a remarkable man, I hope somebody does a movie about him.

Edit evidently a couple of people have already made films about him. Netflix has one Nicky's family, which I'll watch one of these days.

Last edited:
Geez. I wonder what one has to do to be a hero in the eyes of the BBC-- not just a 'hero'.
Apparently he was nowhere near 'progressive' enough for the Beeb. ;)

Yes an amazing man. I liked when they did the special and brought many of his "children" into the audience to see him again.

Apparently, the good don't always die young. RIP, good sir; well done here on Earth. :)

Yes, very inspiring.

Do they have the option of delaying pensions in UK? ;) Here's someone who clearly made it past the 'average' LE that some of the fans of 'take-it-early' like to use.

-ERD50

Thanks so much for posting this. I too had never heard of Sir Winton. His decision to act on this situation is humbling. I will have a box of Kleenex ready when I watch the 60 Minutes video.

Update on where to find the 60 Minutes story. The CBS link I posted earlier worked to get to the video. However, after leaving the video I can't get back in. It wants me to have CBS All Access to get to it.
However, there is an alternative if you can't get to CBS. Youtube has a copy of the story here:
I hope at least one of the two sources will remain available for anyone that wants to see it.

If any man ever deserved the title of "Sir" it is this man.

Back
Top Bottom