RIP Norman Lear

O2Bfree

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
RIP Norman Lear. He was a game-changer in the world of TV sitcoms.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/12/06/arts/television/norman-lear-dead.html

Norman Lear, the television writer and producer who introduced political and social commentary into situation comedy with “All in the Family” and other shows, proving that it was possible to be topical as well as funny while attracting millions of viewers, died on Tuesday at his home in Los Angeles. He was 101.

His death was confirmed by Lara Bergthold, a spokeswoman for the family.

Mr. Lear reigned at the top of the television world through the 1970s and into the early ’80s, leaving a lasting mark with shows that brought the sitcom into the real world.

Wow, I had no idea he was still alive! I’m afraid at this point a lot (not all) of the RIP posts garner that reaction from me.

Yes, very memorable. I watched many of those growing up. I even remember watching with my parents.

Huge loss IMO. He was brilliant and his mind was good to the end. I saw recent interviews with him and he was sharp and witty.

Huge loss IMO. He was brilliant and his mind was good to the end. I saw recent interviews with him and he was sharp and witty.

That is typical of centenarians. They generally remain in fairly good health well into their 90s and do not develop dementia or other neurodegenerative disorders. Things like sudden organ failure, pneumonia, or stroke are usually what gets them.

101, wow what a life!
He was brilliant.

Enjoyed his shows. 101 and his mind still good is great. RIP

Back
Top Bottom