Ronco's Ron Popeil retires at 70.

Nords

Moderator Emeritus
Ron has sold his business to spend more time with his family... or perhaps in his invention lab.

Business Week has a short slide show of his products. How did we ever live without them?

Ron Popeil's greatest contibution to society was inspiring Gallagher's "Sledge-O-Matic" routine. Thank you, Ron!

Attachments

• sledge-o-matic.jpg
    sledge-o-matic.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 64
"...he plans to spend at least the next several years pursuing his lifelong dream of making julienne fries by hand..."

I heard that he was going to go fishing..... with his pocket fisherman. I wonder if c-t uses that one?

So how many of you every bought anything he was hawking? Humm? Or better yet did you receive any of his inventions as a gift?

I know at least one or more Vegomatic passed thru my kitchen a a re-gift.

C___

And how can we forget my favorite product of all time?

7840048.jpg

C-T is so rich, he doesnt use a pocket fisherman. He actually has another guy that fishes for him, and a third guy to take the pictures of him with the fish after the first guy hands it over.

Then theres the guy who holds his glass of wine while he's holding the fish, and the guy you cant see standing behind him holding HIM up.

I actually took a cab ride with a driver who used that head paint stuff. I almost didnt notice because I wasnt really looking at him. Then I realized there was something wrong with his head. Then I realized he had paint on his head, including lumpy chunks stuck in the hair he DID have.

I would have recommended exchanging the head paint for a bath.

In the 60's he sold the "Ronco Steam Away". A steam device that was suppose to get rid of wrinkles in your clothes. I hate to admit it, but I bought one as a b'day gift for my brother. He was about to start college so I thought it would be a nice gift. He later admitted  that he threw it away as soon as he got to college.  :-\    My brother and I always had a good laugh about that later in life tho.

Back
Top Bottom