September 19, a good day to retire, if I were to retire, but I am not

Martha

Moderator Emeritus
Ahoy, it is time t' retire Ye'll ne'er get me buried booty!

(Edit: Added "Talk Like a Pirate Day" to calendar linking to this thread. -BMJ)

Re: September 19, a good day to retire

Martha, I have to say that you are about the last person I expected to see talking about her booty on the web. :LOL:

Martha said:

Martha, nice photo of you and Greg. Is the guy with the beard Unclemick?

img_429240_0_6554e28ee859af036a2dd903de55c57c.jpg

I'll be checkin' me Davy Jones Index while yer ascrubbin' the poop deck, ya lubbers!

Congratulations!!! I was wondering when you would pull the trigger. I am happy for you. :D :D :D

Rats, I forgot to talk like a pirate when I went to vote for Town Council.

Avast, me hearties, man the yard arm! Gangway, I'm votin' fer sure, here be me Letters of Marque. Scupper that newfangled votin' machinery, ye bilge-sucking blaggards! Tis a paper ballot I be wantin this day. But dead men tell no tales--arrrrrrrrrrr!

astromeria said:
Tis a paper ballot I be wantin this day. But dead men tell no tales--arrrrrrrrrrr!

This site it too funny! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Martha, good for you.
Tio z

Rich_in_Tampa said:
Congratulations!

So what's the predominant emotion on this fateful day?
What language be ye speakin thar sawbones. Do ya not know it be International Talk Like a Pirate Day? :LOL:

Martha,
You will find it to be a good life.
Congrats,
Dex

Let me guess! - You were so smitten with the Rocky Mountains, that you are quitting your job and doing the 'Trout Bum in a trailer park' down by the river lifestyle! :D

Congratulations Martha, it is a good day to retire :)

Thar she blows! It's Martha & Greg in the dinghy, Lazy Daze. 15 men and a dead man's chest couldn't bring 'er back to the fo'cas'le, or so me parrot tells me.

Be ye retired, or be ye just talkin' like a pirate?

Attachments

• MarthaThe Pirate.jpg
    MarthaThe Pirate.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 125
  • MarthaThe Pirate.jpg_thumb
    14.5 KB · Views: 3

Arrrrrrrrrrrrr, I be try'in ta think of a witicism but me mates have beat me to um.

I was just talking like a pirate. Still working, sorta. Arrr.

Martha said:

Arrrg, I'll find yer buried booty or shiver mee own timber mee little darlin.  Hoist the Skull & Crossbones and wash down the scuppers.  Time fer a grog lads before the fun begins.

Apocalypse said:
Arrrg, I'll find yer buried booty or shiver mee own timber mee little darlin. Hoist the Skull & Crossbones and wash down the scuppers. Time fer a grog lads before the fun begins.

I suppose her response would be "Is that a wooden leg, or are you just glad to see me?"

Awwwk! I meant 'sliver in my timber,' matey.

Better than "your timber's a sliver"...

Arrrr... :duh:

"Tie that scurvy to the yard arm..."

"Oooh, rip the shirt; how cliche."

Congrats Martha!! Does that mean we can't ask for your legal opinion any more? :eek:

Martha said:
I was just talking like a pirate.  Still working, sorta. Arrr.

What?? You mean you're still "kinda" working ?? That means you are not really retired yet. I will not offer congratulations until you have pulled the plug completely! :) :D

Toejam

In my embarrassment, to clarify, if one were to retire, Talk Like a Pirate Day is as good a day as any. But I didn't retire. Still plugging along part time. Very part time. I probably will work about 600 hours this year, doing work I enjoy for clients I like. So work right now is not a bad thing. Right now I am on an extended vacation, but will be back at work in October.

:-[ :-\

Martha said:
In my embarrassment, to clarify, if one were to retire, Talk Like a Pirate Day is as good a day as any. But I didn't retire. Still plugging along part time. Very part time. I probably will work about 600 hours this year, doing work I enjoy for clients I like. So work right now is not a bad thing. Right now I am on an extended vacation, but will be back at work in October.

:-[ :-\

tease! :D ;)

Back
Top Bottom