Shopping for a New Desk Chair

We went to a Steelcase showroom so we could try different chairs. I wanted them to match because they’re in the same room so we had to find something we both felt comfortable in and liked the appearance of. We got 2 chairs from them about 7 years ago. They still look and feel new and the functionality is great.

And in my retirement years, at my desk, surfing for info and entertainment for hours on end, in front of the 43 inch monitor with the 3.1 sound bar, well worth the dough.

Robbie, sounds like the Life of Riley, well done sir!

Update - I liked the looks of the Zuri Furniture chairs Montecfo recommended, in particular the Gates Leather Executive model. It had great reviews and I was tempted to just go ahead and order it, until I noticed they have a showroom in nearby Frisco. Visited this afternoon and got to try out the chair. Well, it was love at first sight and sit. Its beautiful in person, was well built and very comfortable. I have had a few very nice executive ones at work, but this makes those and my present chair which I do like comfort wise, pale in comparison. Additionally, the chair received a further summer discount bringing the total price to $576 including tax. Delivery is free via Fedex. Hopefully will get it next week or the week after. I do have to put it together, but that does not bother me.
https://www.zurifurniture.com/office/gates-office-chair

Just bought a Secretlab Titan Evo 2022. Delivery tomorrow. Mint green.

$539

DH got one of those a few months ago. Their customer service is very good too if you have any issues.

Update - I liked the looks of the Zuri Furniture chairs Montecfo recommended, in particular the Gates Leather Executive model. It had great reviews and I was tempted to just go ahead and order it, until I noticed they have a showroom in nearby Frisco. Visited this afternoon and got to try out the chair. Well, it was love at first sight and sit. Its beautiful in person, was well built and very comfortable. I have had a few very nice executive ones at work, but this makes those and my present chair which I do like comfort wise, pale in comparison. Additionally, the chair received a further summer discount bringing the total price to $576 including tax. Delivery is free via Fedex. Hopefully will get it next week or the week after. I do have to put it together, but that does not bother me.

Glad you found something that fits - that you could try out first. The way you describe your chair is exactly how I felt about the one I bought. It just fit real nice. Probably not as nice of leather but it fits me well and it will likely outlast me. I had to put mine together too. Not exactly easy, but certainly manageable. Not sure how yours goes together, but whenever I see those Allen Wrenches included with the product, I go out and get the same size in a socket style. Makes putting things together much easier.

I knew they were Dallas based and happy you got a chance for a full checkout of the chair.

Not cheap (i think the Forbes I bought was around $350. More now) but really looks nice and luxurious with that exec feel.

Another option to consider is a Knoll Life Chair. I switched to it after using Aerons, Steelcase and others (all good chairs). Expensive, but better ergo adjustments for heavy PC use in my experience, especially the armrests. Also, there's a pretty good youtube video on why not to use a "gamer chair" I'll see if I can find it again.

Just an example fyi:
https://officechairatwork.com/produ...vcOp_xzXVQjpv5kszXKA1D2uEtKWqkcRoCXpQQAvD_BwE

I knew of someone who got a "gaming chair" to replace their office chair. these chairs were designed for long hours of sitting.

SecretLab Titan. That's their largest. The smaller chairs are also great.

Very solid, comfortable chair.

After years of being cheap and buying knock off or Costco chairs, I finally bought my Herman Miller Aeron and it’s worth every penny.

There is a forward tilt feature I didn’t expect to need but if you’re leaning forward and working intently, it takes the pressure off the back of your legs.

Some things are worth the hype.

I received my Gates Executive chair 5 days after I ordered it. It came in two boxes and one was a very weird L shaped box that contained the seat, while the other had box had the arms, base and hardware. It was easy to assemble. I absolutely love it. It has a wide supportive seat and is very comfortable when sitting for hours, plus its real leather so will not get the peeling like the faux ones. You can lean back, relax and rest your head as its a high back executive type chair vs some of the manager/professional chairs you find in offices.

Back
Top Bottom