Shower Heads

Do you remove the flow re-stricter from you shower head?

• Yes

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • No

Votes: 21 51.2%
  • Would if I knew how

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters

Rustic23

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Not politicaly correct but one of the things I really enjoy is a long hot shower, especialy in the winter. I went through survival school in the winter. I still remember how great that shower felt when we got in from the field after a couple of weeks in -18 deg weather and 'camping out!'

Absolutely, but I've got a good excuse. :)

The plumbing [-]pirate[/-] contractor put in 1 1/4 diameter piping from my well/pressure pump instead of the 1 3/4 inch the specs called for. The result is lower than desired water pressure in the house. Until I removed the flow restrictors, it was like trying to shower under a drinking fountain.

I put "would if I knew how". My ex used to do this for us but I haven't figured out how to do it since my divorce.

My water bill is always the minimum, and I take short showers. I think I ought to be able to get more water out of my shower massager if I want it!!

Flow restrictors are totally unfair to people who don't dawdle. It's discrimination! :rant: This encourages a nation of dawdlers. Imagine how productive we would be if we weren't hanging around in showers half the morning waiting for the blankety blank water!

Try googling the name of the shower head. The instructions came with our Water-Pic heads. Usually you can take off the head, and just pull the restricter out.

Try googling the name of the shower head. The instructions came with our Water-Pic heads. Usually you can take off the head, and just pull the restricter out.

Thanks! Mine is a Water-Pic too, so I probably have the instructions around here somewhere. I think that would be GREAT to have more water available. I'll give it a try.

Water use should be regulated by pricing. Therefore all the water saving gizmos such as restrictive shower heads and low water consumption washing machines should be optional, depending on how much of your income you want to go towards your water bill.

Oh yeah...... all water usage, even from private wells, should be metered!

Wow - rather suprising results from this crowd! Replaced the regular shower head with a water saver one here. (and I only pay 1/3rd of the water bill!) Get the right shower head, and the reduction is not noticeable.

I think I put yes, because I've replaced shower heads with ones that gave a better spray, but maybe they were just more efficient. I've never actually modified the shower head itself, and don't feel that I need to.

Apparently you can't go back and change your pick in polls.

All our shower heads have no restrictors. One of two toilets is the full flush version. Believe me I need it, otherwise I have to flush twice. But then I let it mellow if its yellow. And keep the lid on it!

The restrictors work just fine, in our house. Even second floor shower. I think it depends on available water pressure. Ours is 65psi.

Get the right shower head, and the reduction is not noticeable.

Exactly. We have different heads on our two showers. One makes you feel a little bit deprived, the other, not.

We had standard low-flow heads when our home was first built, but they only produced a trickle. I changed them to Oxygenix, that I had tried in a hotel somewhere. They are great, for low-flow.

R

Always had low-flow in our house. I agree, with others about good water pressure and good shower heads.

We are in a severe drought in NC. We take "sailor" showers now, but I do miss long showers. We also collect the water that runs waiting for shower to heat-up; use it for plants, pets, and rinsing dishes. It's pretty amazing how much we wasted, we've cut our water usage about 35% with only a few minor changes (in grand scheme).

Water use should be regulated by pricing. Therefore all the water saving gizmos such as restrictive shower heads and low water consumption washing machines should be optional, depending on how much of your income you want to go towards your water bill.

Oh yeah...... all water usage, even from private wells, should be metered!

OK, youbet, I'll bite. WHY in the world would you want private wells metered?:confused:

Back
Top Bottom