Sliding into 3rd and heading home...

dirt_dobber

Recycles dryer sheets
After 4 years of telling myself just "OMY" it finally happened.

-I got the package treatment :dance:
What a way to jump off the treadmill and head into retirement at 56 years young.

The oil company I have worked for 23 years laid me off today with a pretty generous package. 1 year severance, 6 months Cobra, 10 months prorated bonus and one of the long term bonus payments. Cha-Ching!

I worked for a very successful independant oil company that was brought by a large foreign owned multi-national mega oil company 4 years ago.

I did not adjust well to "big company" demands of countless meetings etc. And the technical content of the job had diminished for which I believe I showed an aptitude and commitment for and my job had been marginalized.

I have been a member of this forum for just a couple of months but lurked around the past 4 years and have learned so much. There are some really smart people here.

Based on your note, I'm assuming you are financially ready and that this package is a nice entrance to ER. In that case, congrats!

Based on your note, I'm assuming you are financially ready and that this package is a nice entrance to ER. In that case, congrats!
yes FIREd ready and the financial advice I have read here on this forum these past 4 years have helped a lot!.

Just a comment on the analogy. If you are sliding into 3rd, you won't be safe at home without an error.

that is where this forum comes into play. With the financial and tips and advice I have already gathered from here I should be able to stretch what savings I have until I get to home base...:D

Back
Top Bottom