Home Insurance Company Reimburse

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I got a call about a week ago from a former Home Insurance Company I had. He was wondering if I repaired my home from those repairs. I told him I did but it didn't come close to covering the costs and a few things that were damaged I pointed out to adjuster they didn't pay on. I also thanked them for their service and covering me through the years. Last year I dropped them, and I have a new Insurance Company now.

This damage happened 3 years ago this spring and was paid ~11K. Yesterday I received a 2600$ check from that Ins. Company. It was the extra costs I must have told him when he talked on the phone. I didn't have to come up with proof of extra costs, the check just showed up. I was very surprised and not sure if it is a normal action from Ins. Companys.

I got a call about a week ago from a former Home Insurance Company I had. He was wondering if I repaired my home from those repairs. I told him I did but it didn't come close to covering the costs and a few things that were damaged I pointed out to adjuster they didn't pay on. I also thanked them for their service and covering me through the years. Last year I dropped them, and I have a new Insurance Company now.

This damage happened 3 years ago this spring and was paid ~11K. Yesterday I received a 2600$ check from that Ins. Company. It was the extra costs I must have told him when he talked on the phone. I didn't have to come up with proof of extra costs, the check just showed up. I was very surprised and not sure if it is a normal action from Ins. Companys.

It should be SOP. The three times I've had to replace my roof from hail damage the ins co always paid for additional costs over and above the adjuster's initial estimates.

Replacement cost policies require the work to be completed prior to the difference between actual cash value(replacement cost less depreciation) and
replacement cost being paid by the insurance company. It was overlooked until you advised them the repairs were completed. That is my best guess for the difference being paid.

VW

Wow!! I never knew they did something like that after the fact. Very interesting.

Back
Top Bottom