Social Security Representative Payee

Chuckanut

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
https://www.creators.com/read/your-...y&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=subscriptions

Above is a link to an article about becoming the representative payee for another person’s SS benefits when they are no longer mentally capable to do the job. It reminded me I should probably make that choice now while I still am able to do so.

“I'm not going to detail all the problems he encountered here. But I can share what the crux of the issue turned out to be. The guy's long saga of trying to help his mother boils down to a rather simple issue: the very strict rules about the privacy of each person's Social Security records. So, in other words, what he called "Social Security hell" was just an issue of keeping his mother's records private. If he would have been instructed to file to be her "representative payee" right from the start, this "hell" would never have happened.”

As a registered professional guardian in Florida, I am rep payee for numerous clients. I can tell you that if you designate a pre-need guardian for when you can no longer manage your own affairs, you'll be much better off than those who have not exercised such foresight.

As a registered professional guardian in Florida, I am rep payee for numerous clients. I can tell you that if you designate a pre-need guardian for when you can no longer manage your own affairs, you'll be much better off than those who have not exercised such foresight.

That’s why I posted the article. I admit I had no idea how important this step is. Now it’s done.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom