Something for Nords:

calmloki

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
As you are casting about for someplace to sink your profits once the rental sells... Sure it's a little old school, but think of the fun watches you can stand!

Attachments

• polaris sub.jpeg
    polaris sub.jpeg
    51.1 KB · Views: 22
Never could raise the cash for the sub, but the X-Ray specs were killer! :cool:

LOL...I remember that ad! I never saw the sub in person, but I do remember seeing the ad way back. Thanks for the memories!

Thanks for the ad. I remember seeing it when I was young, and I showed it to my dad and told him I was going to save up and buy it. My intent was to put it into our pool to figure out how everything worked, then take it to the lake. He was . . . . skeptical. He tried to tell me how it was. I had an answer for everything: Fiberboard: I think we can cover it with something to keep the water out. Missiles: Oh, i know they probably aren't really nuclear missiles, but even just the rockets would be fun, etc.

Anyway, I didn't buy it, and I'm glad. Much better to keep the imagination of a young child alive and delay the day that cynicism and skepticism covers everything like a pall.

I need to borrow some of Dawg's medicine.

My brother once had a toy called "Power Sub" or something like that. it was a small plastic submarine that accepted a tablet that fizzed like Alka Seltzer as I recall. You'd put it in the bathtub and it would float across the water in the tub, then it would descend and travel underwater, then resurface and stuff like that.

My brother once had a toy called "Power Sub" or something like that. it was a small plastic submarine that accepted a tablet that fizzed like Alka Seltzer as I recall. You'd put it in the bathtub and it would float across the water in the tub, then it would descend and travel underwater, then resurface and stuff like that.

OK- here's a favorite Christmas present to me about 5 years ago - the put-put boat. No missiles, but uses real fire - hmm - I'm seeing sub-chaser/sub tub games:

http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/pop-pop/

or if you're not a good scout but handy with money:

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-NEW-STEAM-DRIVEN-PUT-PUT-OR-POP-POP-BOATS-FROM-INDIA_W0QQitemZ160316728477QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Toys_Hobbies_Powered_Toys?hash=item160316728477&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

Sure it's a little old school, but think of the fun watches you can stand!
"10 day sea trial"-- sounds authentic!

Oh, free trial...

I wonder how they make it go in excess of 25 knots?

Took a tour on the ATLANTIS, a submarine based here in the islands. Much less claustrophobic than the virtual tour attached to Jambo's post. A real hoot and BETTER than advertised! Too bad there isn't much to see on the relatively small costal shelf surrounding the islands. It's either too shallow (plan to eventually take the glass bottom boat tour of Kaneohe bay) or relatively devoid of interesting features such as corals or wrecks. However, the tour includes man-made features such as sunken ships/planes and concrete reefs. Artificial as that sounds, the marine life find it "real" enough to inhabit. Saw sea turtles, sharks, and fish of every color and description. Give it a try if you ever come this way. As I recall, there are two subs on Oahu and one on Maui(?) YMMV

Back
Top Bottom