Space - The Final Frontier

F9H flight profile. A lot going on here.

Attachments

• F9H2.PNG
    F9H2.PNG
    812.1 KB · Views: 41
Watching right now - 17 minutes to go

Edit: just realized they want to land all three boosters .. because why not? Go team.

Last edited:
+7, looks good. Going to be interesting to see these boosters try to land. Edit: Wow, the side booster landing was awesome! Center core booster (on ship) still unknown as I type this.

Musk drives me crazy, but I'm glad someone had the guts to do something like this.

Last edited:
Unforgettable - Wow ! Dare I say it even better than a superbowl win!

Very nice. Wish they had another camera located close to the drone ship landing pad. I never saw the result of that landing.

That was inspired. Goose bumps watching it. Congrats to all those involved!

Heard some of the commentary after the launch and the boosters nesting that SpaceX did this at 30% the cost of what it would have taken the US government to do the same !

An amazing engineering feat with a bit of humor by Musk shooting off one of his Teslas towards Mars. I got goose bumps watching the whole thing, atta boy Elon and crew for an entertaining afternoon and much needed break after yesterday's cluster puck.

That was incredible !!! :dance:

Best part was, being semi-retired, I came home early from w*rk and watched it live on the big screen with DW.

DW was a massive David Bowie fan.. she got a kick out of "Starman" riding in the Roadster while they played Bowie.

Must say the SpaceX media relations/live show team were very slick as well..
a thrilling watch.

Definitely a proud day for Space-X and America. I wonder how many test flights will be made before astronauts go up via this rocket.

Heard some of the commentary after the launch and the boosters nesting that SpaceX did this at 30% the cost of what it would have taken the US government to do the same !

The two side boosters were used previously on other launches and had landed before.

SpaceX is a excellent example of how engineering is suppose to work. Blow up a few rockets along the way, but persevere and eventually you get really good at it.

The boosters landing together was my favourite part, incredible!!!

Yes, I wasn't thinking about that ahead of time - wow, what a sight!

Wow!
Looked like everything went by the book.

Maybe almost?

Very nice. Wish they had another camera located close to the drone ship landing pad. I never saw the result of that landing.

I have yet to hear news about the drone landing. I doubt it will be good news at this point.

Well, successful launch and 2/3 landing exceeds expectations for everyone I think. Maybe they just want to wait to announce a successful drone landing to build the suspense? OK, probably not!

-ERD50

Definitely a proud day for Space-X and America. I wonder how many test flights will be made before astronauts go up via this rocket.

I volunteer for the next Mars mission as long as there is a golf course, bar and some hot older chicks in the cards. :dance:

Tis the least I can do for the species !

We watched at work and from all the cheering, you would have thought that we had something to do with the launch. Everyone was holding their breathe waiting for the boosters to land. It was amazing!

They are being quite about the central booster landing in the ocean.

The whisper is that it was lost.

Still a good success. Landing on a non-stable platform is just nuts.

Made me feel like I did as a nine-year-old watching the Saturn V take off for the moon!

Exactly how I felt as a ten year old that long ago summer. Excited, inspired and proud that I live in a land where people do such incredibly awesome things.

I do not follow this space stuff anymore, but am not surprised that a private company would outperform the government, AND larger incumbent corporations.

When you can give stock options to attract the best talents and can pay employees according to their contribution instead of seniority, you can accomplish vastly more than megacorps who only know to teach their employees craps like Six Sigma and ISO 9001 without actually knowing what they meant or following the practices.

Sorry for the rant.

I volunteer for the next Mars mission as long as there is a golf course, bar and some hot older chicks in the cards. :dance:

Tis the least I can do for the species !

Careful. I’ve seen movies where those Martian women have like 3 boobs among other things. On second thought, what’s my issue:confused:

https://www.theverge.com/2018/2/6/16980954/spacex-falcon-heavy-rocket-middle-core-failed-landing

The center core was only able to relight one of the three engines necessary to land, and so it hit the water at 300 miles per hour. Two engines on the drone ship were taken out when it crashed, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk said in a press call after the rocket launch.

Two out of three ain’t bad.

You can still watch starman flying out to his final orbit.

http://www.spacex.com/webcast

Cruising around the neighborhood...

Considering in the "old days" all that stuff was just jettisoned as junk, I'm still impressed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom