Stock Market Contest 2005

Danny

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Want to go on record where the Dow, SP500, Nasdaq, Gold, Oil & Gas will be at the end of the year, ala Louis Rukeyser's Wall Street Week show?
Guess all of them or just the one(s) you like...
The one(s) closest to each average or price will receive an ER Forum Static Eliminator Re-Usable Dryer Sheet courtesy of whoever has an extra available.
Most importantly they will be held in great esteem and their pronouncements in 2006 willl be given the respect they deserve.
The one with the most closest to awards will be elevated to official forum know-it-all status and will judge and determine the winner of any peeing contests investment debates.

Re: Stock Market Contest

Rukeyser's still around. He got kicked off PBS because he was too old-school. What has the world come to when PBS chases off guys like Rukeyser and Bill Moyers? Is nothing sacred?

Let's see. The DOW was 10,555 today. One quarter left in the year. GDP growth is about 1% per quarter. I'll pick the DOW at 10660 at year's end.

I'll take Dow 11000.

Is this like the price is right and the closest without going over is the winner....

Then I pick 11,001 :D

Where did all the Dow-5000 bears go?

I'm an optimist:

Dow 8500
long Treasuries 7.5%

Saints in the playoffs.

heh, heh, heh, heh - does it matter as long as my sweetie gets her dividends:confused:

After what the Saints did to the Pats last night ... I am selling everything!

10,900 (flat for the year)

Michael said:
I'll take Dow 11000.
Texas Proud said:
Is this like the price is right and the closest without going over is the winner....

Then I pick 11,001 :D
TromboneAl said:

Everyone within spittin' distance will be elevated to ERF Stock Market Wizard ;)

I do hope you 3 are right for everyone's sake

My Prediction, and I promise not to edit this as I go forward, is:

Dow - 9550
SP500 - 1102
Nasdaq - 1802

That happens in the year 2010, when the majority of the boomers pass their prime. :)

Dow - 10900
Nasdaq - 2300
S&P500 - 1300

Sign me up for Dow- -11050, S&P - - 1272, NAS - - 2227, and a bonus pick- - -Oil $48 per barrel.

As posted months ago, I thought the Dow would bounce between 10,300 - 10,600. No reason to think differently now so I'll peg it at the average 10,450. If I'm right its luck not skill.

Ill take DOW - 9850 and Nasdaq - 1850...yep. I'm bearish right now...this $65+ oil is gonna take the wind out of a few sails before its over.

wabmester said:

I'll bite- Dow 9800

I see one of three things happening in Q4-
1. early reports of Nov/Dec consumer sales are strong- Dow will br around 10700
2. early reports show weak consumer demand and weak sales- Dow down to 9800
3. some sort of terrorist attack in the US- Dow 8000

I predict #2 :)

Dow 9725
S&P 1125
Nasdaq 1825

dwk

Dow: 10, 555
S&P: 1175
NASDAQ: 1999

Oil: $62

Barring a catastrophy like a terrorist attack, a major earthquake, or the like, I doubt we will see the DOW below 10,000 ever again.  It's a psychological number that tells people it's time to buy.  There's a lot of cash sitting on the sidelines looking to get into the stockmarket.  A 10,000 DOW will cause a feeding frenzy that will push it right back up.

Dow: 9701
S&P: 1040
Nasdaq: 1950

Back
Top Bottom