Stock Market Contest 2005

Re: Stock Market Contest

Dow--9770
Oil--$52
Gold--$493
Natural Gas--$19

Woop woop! I see some fellow bears.... did these past few weeks lower overall expectations?

The%20last%20Pyrenean%20Female%20brown%20bear.jpg

The market almost always falls in October. Just wait until the Nov-Dec rally. :)

The Packers are 0-4. This means a complete meltdown is near :)

JG

Alas, ye of little faith. :)

Marshac said:
Woop woop! I see some fellow bears.... did these past few weeks lower overall expectations?

The%20last%20Pyrenean%20Female%20brown%20bear.jpg

I am now out of just about all my equities that are sensitive to robust consumer spending and I am short or have puts on about $100k worth of stuff that will get blasted if the economy goes into the drink: hotels, subprime credit card lenders, highly leveraged movie theater chain, a California S&L. Considering a short or puts on a fast food chain too.

The stock market is pretty much where it was 5 years ago. It's not an exciting place to be invested, but I'll be patient.

uh oh - we've got a big gap between 10450 and 9850 - might be time to lower my expectations.

It's aaallll siiiidewaaaays: Dow 10,500.

windsurf said:
It's aaallll siiiidewaaaays: Dow 10,500.

That's still a 200 point gain from where it is now- 10,301

Re: Stock Market Contest (Accepting Entries Thru Oct 15)

Greg is the only one who has gas

Yeesh, I'm starting to get a little worried about my prediction, but I'll stand by it. Add me in for $63 per barrel of Texas tea. Oil, that is....

I bet 1 Bob Barker Dan Tien

wildcat?...come on up!
img_334128_0_6b25d0da46a26084cfe7485d0f19ce02.jpg

No way is that picture real! But if it is, is she in any movies? :D

DanTien said:
Greg is the only one who has gas

Dan: It looks like we need a new emoticon, one with a clothespin on his nose, either for you--or for me :angel:

--Greg

Hmmm

Step daughter in spare room posseses elements of the picture(38F) - after two ex husbands and many ex boy friends:

This year I finally got her to place a bet on Target Retirement 2015. Prince Charming can wait.

heh heh heh - 50/50 - a little offense and defense.

Dow 8500:confused:? Not to worry! Think dividends.

Dog 51:

Congratulations to the little guy for having the guts to dislay his golf swing in front of so large an audience.

Just a few things he needs to correct to get at least another 50 yards distance on his tee shots.

He's gaining height in his back swing (not a good thing, usually resulting in "sway", and "coming over the top".

Keeping his left foot close to planted, rather than an exagerrated p/up will help to correct this flaw.

He needs to work on a bigger shoulder turn. (Source of power). Stretching exercises should be helpful to allow him to do so.

He also needs to firm up his left arm somewhat.

Three or four sessions a week at the driving range, working on these three things for the next year or so, he'll see a marked improvement in his game. (More distance, and more consistency). ;)

ex-Jarhead said:
Dog 51:

Congratulations to the little guy for having the guts to dislay his golf swing in front of so large an audience.

Just a few things he needs to correct to get at least another 50 yards distance on his tee shots.

He's gaining height in his back swing (not a good thing, usually resulting in "sway", and "coming over the top".

Keeping his left foot close to planted, rather than an exagerrated p/up will help to correct this flaw.

He needs to work on a bigger shoulder turn. (Source of power).  Stretching exercises should be helpful to allow him to do so.

He also needs to firm up his left arm somewhat.

Three or four sessions a week at the driving range, working on these three things for the next year or so, he'll see a marked improvement in his game.  (More distance, and more consistency). ;)
Yeah the little guy has a lot to work on but he does have pretty good tempo. I will have plenty of time to work with him after 12/31/06.  :)

DOG51 said:
Yeah the little guy has a lot to work on but he does have pretty good tempo. I will have plenty of time to work with him after 12/31/06.  :)

Dog 51:  Hope you get as much pleasure out of golf as I have had in the 19 years I've been retired.

Between playing golf, and fly-fishing, I have never been restless since "pulling the pin", and have never been slightly tempted to return to my old life.  (My wife also appreciates it. ;)

Jarhead

I'm gonna go whole hog. Put me down for:

Oil at 75
Gas at 20
Gold at 525

If this really comes to pass, A) my puts and shorts will substantially cushion the beating the rest of my portfolio has taken and B) I will be seriously considering hiding under the covers for a few months.

ex-Jarhead said:
Dog 51:  Hope you get as much pleasure out of golf as I have had in the 19 years I've been retired.

Between playing golf, and fly-fishing, I have never been restless since "pulling the pin", and have never been slightly tempted to return to my old life.  (My wife also appreciates it. ;)

Jarhead
Thanks! I feel sure I will get plenty of pleasure from golf and traveling. Hopefully I will get a good 19 years in as you have.  :)

Back
Top Bottom