Studies on meeting productivity?

David1961

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I'm interested in learning about any formal studies that have been done that deal with meetings at work. Specifically, the effects of excessive and long meetings at work on morale, productivity, and overall job satisfaction. I see some mentioned on the web but no details. Does anyone know how I can get more information? I think we all know the effects of excessive meetings, but I'd like to read about objective studies on the subject. Thanks.

I understand all the studies regarding meetings at work are still underway. They will be released only after the disputed findings are resolved. Meetings seeking agreement are ongoing. :)

I understand all the studies regarding meetings at work are still underway. They will be released only after the disputed findings are resolved. Meetings seeking agreement are ongoing. :)

We'll have a meeting to decide when the next meeting will be. Please have a powerpoint presentation ready...

I heard about a study about people who forget to put the meetings on their calendars. Their co-workers hunt them down to drag them to the meetings only one out three times.

Why Have Meetings.jpg

Meeting Efficiency.jpg

or just about anything by Scott Adams (Dilbert) should be useful in your research.

Although I am sure that Scott Adams work is far better.

You might want to check out the Journal of Organization Behavior. It appears it isn't available for free via the net but perhaps your local university library has a copy.

Back
Top Bottom