Stupid consumers

laurence

Moderator Emeritus
So I'm running in the Carlsbad 5k tomorrow, and when I was picking up my race packet today, there was a booth being swamped selling "no calorie energy drink!". DUH CALORIES ARE A MEASURE OF ENERGY!! Yet people were lined up to pay $2 a bottle. Now if only I could find a slick way to package air.....

lawrencewill said: "no calorie energy drink!".

Hey, thats easy--WATER! Yep, people pay every day for bottles of no calorie drink. I do not like to pay for bottled water when most city tap water is just fine. For extra comfort we filter the drinking water.

Hi yakers. Not sure I would agree that "most city tap
water is just fine". However, we may have been spoiled
being way out here with a good well. Our tap water
tastes as good as the bottled stuff. Most "city" tap water tastes just awful to me. I usually draw the line at
buying water though, even when away from the old homestead.

JG

Theres a line from a book or movie script about a big mobster sit-down. Paulie says, "We gotta get into the cable tv racket." A moustache Pete (Italian for old guy) at the table says, "Thats a dumb idea." Paulie says, "Thats what you said about bottled water!"

Like JG I try not to drink the stuff. I knew a guy in that business who said with a laugh, " The fine for selling tap water as bottled spring water is only $500." He had paid that fine more than once. :-X

BUM

"Stupid consumers"-- is that redundant or ironic? (Sorry, I've been reading too much George Carlin. I'm sure the Pope's death will inspire yet another book.)

Now if only I could find a slick way to package air.....
Costco's been advertising "Pure nitrogen fills!" in their tire shop.

Apparently tires just don't run well on ~79% N2, it has to be the pure thing.

Come to think of it, the ad was gone last week.

Thanks! Hey, just finished, 26 min 20 seconds, and I think I could have gone faster if I wanted to feel bad afterwards! Very pleased with myself! :D :D

Ah...beer...that makes sense.

I dont usually run unless something fairly terrible is chasing me, and then only if i'm pretty sure I can actually get away. Last thing I wanna do is go through all that effort for nothing ;)

LOL!! Actually, if I don't do something, I pack on the lbs. in a big way. Got up to 250 (I'm 6' 2") two years ago and realized I was popping tums like candy. Down to 205, trying to get to 190. Gyms are expensive, running is free!

I figure I'm not overweight, just undertall.

Oh well, everyone always says how you have to 'keep growing'... :p

Ah...beer...that makes sense.

I dont usually run unless something fairly terrible is chasing me, and then only if i'm pretty sure I can actually get away. Last thing I wanna do is go through all that effort for nothing ;)

Like they say in Paris, Pierre only runs when being chased by a jealous husband.

Now if only I could find a slick way to package air.....
How about ice? Negative calories! Your body needs to burn fuel just to melt the cubes. Individually wrapped, you should be able to sell them for $1/cube or so. Call them CALORIE BURNERS(TM).

Black coffee is a no-calorie energy drink. I'm guessing you saw something that was loaded with caffeine, guarana, etc.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom