Sweet, sweet deal

Nuiloa

Recycles dryer sheets
So, I informed one of my bosses today that I was planning to retire and that May 31st would be my last day.

He asked me what it would take to keep me from retiring, so I told him:

Summer off (June 1st to Sept 15th)
After that - work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (pro rated pay, of course)
Take January and February off (snowbirding)

I would take my pension (58% of my current income) plus the 2-weeks/month would give me an additional 50% and full medical and dental benefits as well as free parking. And they would have to buy me a laptop so I can work from the RV.

He said YES!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

I'm not worried about the other Director - he defers to boss #1

Is that a sweet deal, or what!?!?!? :clap::clap:

Sounds like a great deal - congratulations!!

Congrats! Sounds like a great way to ease into retirement, and hopefully still spend your winters on a tropical island!

Very nice. Good for you. Part of me (my head) wants to be offered a deal that I continue to work two days a week; the other part of me (my heart) wants it all to be done and over with. It's still a ways off and I'm not sure such an arrangement will even be on the table.

Probably the nicest "semi-retirement" gig I've ever heard of.
Congratulations!

Wow!! That's absolutely incredible! I am SO happy for you. :dance: :dance: :clap:

He never would have agreed had you not been such an essential person in your organization. So maybe the very nicest part of it is the very real complement that can be assumed from the fact that you got such a great offer. It's wonderful to feel appreciated like that. :D

Wow, that is a sweet deal. Congratulations and enjoy.

You must be doing a major happy dance tonight, and hopefully you have your favorite beverage appropriate to a toast! Congratulations!

Great news for you!!! Easing into retirement by working part time is not a bad way to go plus with more money. Who knows, the amount of time off you will receive might keep you fresh and extend your career if it is something you enjoy doing.

Wow, that's a super deal!

You are the great negotiator! :dance::dance::dance:

The really weird thing is that I'm not the one who came up with the idea of taking Jan & Feb off.... he did. He knows how much I hate winter, so he just asked if I wanted to be off then too. Only a fool would say no :LOL:

Sweet...until about September 19 when you'll be asking yourself why the heck you ever agreed to return to work! :D

Yeah - there's that.

However, if I find that I'm a born RV driver who has channelled her inner gypsy (it can happen - miracles happen all the time), I can always pull the plug.

AND I won't have to suffer through any stupid retirement parties!!!

Congratulations!

You must be really well respected by this employer.

I've been semi-retired awhile and I don't think I've ever seen a gig as good as the one you're getting!
+1. That is a great deal, I would've jumped at it given the chance. Congratulations! :greetings10:

N-

Well done! I'm certain you'll enjoy those long breaks, and the mental relief of not being a full time employee with full time responsibilities and worries.

Happy RVing.

Summer off (June 1st to Sept 15th)
After that - work 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off (pro rated pay, of course)
Take January and February off (snowbirding)

He said YES!!!
Is that a sweet deal, or what!?!?!?

Congratulations, that is an incredibly sweet deal! Happy for you.

I can't think of any jobs/lines of work where the organization can manage the rest of the time without you. Curious what field you are in?

Enjoy your semi-retirement... Hard to beat it.

Sorry to hear of the deal, maybe some day you can get the same deal as I have. I don't have to go in at all. (heh)

Congratulations! I worked six months on, six months off, my last three years on the job, and it was good transition to ER.

Congrats! That's great.

In Sept, make sure you send in the invoices for your internet mobile hotspot & cell phone service since you are working from the RV on the laptop. ;-)

Back
Top Bottom