Switching from Android to iPad - What should I know?

Mixing systems is easier nowadays I think.

I went from a Nexus 7 to an iPad for $330. Probably depends on your applications but I don't need much memory so lower price point. You can use Excel on the iPad, and Firefox, and we use Pandora and other company's stuff. I find even pretty large spreadsheets load quickly and work the Microsoft Office.

After the iPad experience and a nasty Google phone experience (Pixel 6P was crap) I bought an iPhone XR last year ... and one for DW.

Then we bought Apple Watches. In my opinion these were worth the price if you are not pinching dollars.

I still use a desktop PC for tasks like taxes and financial spreadsheets.

I agree, my Pixel 2 xl has been the best. I'm wondering about the possible problem with refurb units as well, and that may depend where the phone was purchased (carrier or Google) and whether it was replaced under an insurance plan.

Another Pixel 2XL owner here and I've not had a problem at all. It's almost 2 years old and still like new.

I just switched from an iPad to a Galaxy Tab A 10.1. The iPad lasted a long time(maybe 8 years) but I have been running out of space for years, constantly having to delete apps in order to keep using it. So if you do go with the ipad make sure you get one with at least 128gigs. I find though that the Tab A is terrific. I have a huge number of apps on the device. It was also several hundred dollars less than the comparable ipad, plus I can add a 512 chip if and when I need additional space.
Thanks. After a bit more research I've gone ahead and bought the Galaxy Tab A.

The screen is a bit smaller than my old tablet but that's actually better overall. I can palm this tablet whereas my old tablet required two hands.

Thanks. After a bit more research I've gone ahead and bought the Galaxy Tab A.

The screen is a bit smaller than my old tablet but that's actually better overall. I can palm this tablet whereas my old tablet required two hands.

I hope you enjoy it. I've been very happy with mine. And one thing I like a lot about the tab A vs iPads is that the screen is wider, which I like for watching movies.

Back
Top Bottom